TRX-2: Transferring Files From ARC-600 To The TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure it's been asked but I couldn't find the posting...

I just ordered a TRX-2 and I'm wondering how to transfer files I've put together for my PSR-500 / 600 from Butel ARC-600. Any suggestions from the experts on this forum?

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Maybe if you export as a .CSV file then import to excel, rename the columns, then import into ezscan it might work.

Swipesy

I'm sure it's been asked but I couldn't find the posting...

I just ordered a TRX-2 and I'm wondering how to transfer files I've put together for my PSR-500 / 600 from Butel ARC-600. Any suggestions from the experts on this forum?

Hi Jim,

You will have several options for moving files from your 600 to the TRX-2. This is what I do with my PSR-500 to my PSR-800 (same will work for TRX). While I use WIN500 and PSREdit500 you can do the same with ARC-600.

For Conventional you can copy from ARC 600 and then in EZScan, on Conventional Tab click on Clipboard. You information will appear in a table. At the top of each column in the table click on the heading and change the name of the data in the column to one of the drop down names. Do that for each column.

For Trunked systems. I would create the System, without Talkgroup via imprt from Library.. Once the System is setup, copy the talkgroups from ARC 600 and n EZScan Trunked Radio System Tab under System name, Talkgroup Details tab click on Clipboard. Same as conventional, change header names.

Another option is to export or copy frequences and talkgroups from ARC 600 into a Excel CSV file and then on the respective Conventional or Trunked tabs in Ezscan click on Text File button.

In either case, you will have to adjust, in EZScan some of the settings such as backlight and LED and ScanList numbers. The TRX gives you so many more options than the 600 it is best to take advanatge of the added features.

John

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Transferring Files From PSR-600 To TRX-2

Thanks! The brown truck should arrive this afternoon so I'll see how it goes...

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
I high light conventional freqs in ARC-500 and right click to copy them. When I go to E-Z Scan,I hit Clipboard in the lower right corner and it seems to import the first one high lighted but not the rest of the high lighted ones... Where am I going wrong?

TES

I high light conventional freqs in ARC-500 and right click to copy them. When I go to E-Z Scan,I hit Clipboard in the lower right corner and it seems to import the first one high lighted but not the rest of the high lighted ones. . .

I highlight conventional freqs in Win500 and Ctrl-C to copy them. When I go to E-Z Scan, I hit Clipboard in the lower right corner and it works as intended. Doesn't seem to be a problem with E-Z Scan.

. . . Where am I going wrong?

Seems like it's your slight variation in copy method—or foreign software choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.