Transferring/importing to EZScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hello all ~ I've obviously done this prior, "importing" found wildcards on a trunked system, from my SD card to my computer/EZScan software, as there are TG's listed that are not in the library yet. However, I can't seem to remember or figure out how I did it.

I think I did everything I could think of and I tried finding answers on the software help and in RR forums, to no avail.

Am I not "labeling" the function/task I'm trying to complete properly?

Does anyone know the procedure?

Thank you for any help and, or advice.

Swipesy

Two ways -

1. if just a few freqencies or Talkgroups you can enter them on the Conventional or Trunked EZScan tabs under new and it prompts you through the process.

2. If you are talking about a bunch of frequencies or Takgroups then I create an Excel spreadsheet (seperate for conventional and Talkgroups). The spreadsheet contains two columns - Frequency and Alpha tag (don't put the heading on the spreadsheet). When you have the numbers in and a 16 character description then save the spreadsheet as a csv file (when closing the spreadsheet answer no to the popup).

3. In EzScan click on the Import from Text File option in the lower right hand corner. Find the CSV file you created. Click on the heading of each column and chose the heading of TalkGroup or Freq and in the second column select Alpha Tag and import the data.

4. After importing you have to edit the lines for LED, LCD, ScanList, D Mode etc.

Hope this helps,

John

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks John

Your method would be great if I was that capable. ;)

I probably should've said exactly what I was trying to do when I posted this thread.

I wanted to copy the new configuration from my SD card, which would include the found wildcards, to the software/computer.

I did figure it out and I appreciate your help.

I think what I had to do was open the folder when I inserted the reader into the card slot.

I'm not exactly sure if that was it or not, but it worked properly when I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.