transmisions cut out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschultz1969

Premium Subscriber
When scanning local agency,(located less than 2 miles away) the conversation cuts out by mobile radios and dispatch, sometimes. It seems if the mobile units are farther away the problem goes away for them. I don't know why dispatch comes and goes. Any ideas?
Thanks
Shane

kma371

QRT
When scanning local agency,(located less than 2 miles away) the conversation cuts out by mobile radios and dispatch, sometimes. It seems if the mobile units are farther away the problem goes away for them. I don't know why dispatch comes and goes. Any ideas?
Thanks
Shane

By "cut out" do you mean you can't hear them at all or the signal quality is lowered?

What agency and frequency are you trying to listen to?

sschultz1969

Premium Subscriber
Not sure. I think its a p 25 system. How Can I check? I don" even know for sure how to see what frequency that channel is.lol.... Its a lot of radio with a lot of features, I'm probably not even utilizing.

royldean

Not sure. I think its a p 25 system. How Can I check? I don" even know for sure how to see what frequency that channel is.lol.... Its a lot of radio with a lot of features, I'm probably not even utilizing.

Can you write down all the information that is on your screen and post it here? That should help us figure out what system you are trying to listen to.

greggk

Premium Subscriber

Suggest buying a 6 month or annual subscription to Radio Reference. If you are serious about this hobby, then RR is an invaluable resource, and makes programming much easier. Greg

Last edited:

royldean

Start by just listing the info here, and I'm sure one of us can help you. I am assuming you either programmed your 536 via sentinel, or used the scanners internal ZIP code based programming?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Any type of priority scanning going on or perhaps Weather or Close Call? If the "cutting out" happens at regular intervals (every X seconds) that would be my guess.

Also if you are listening to the ARMER radio system, its possible the mobile user may see it gets a better signal from an adjacent site and then jumps over to it. Scanners don't deal too well with this situation. For example the conversation is near the Cottonwood/Murray line. It starts out on Cottonwood, which your scanner is monitoring. The user's radio starts dropping off on Cottonwood and sees a better signal from Murray tower, so it jumps to that, all the while your scanner remains on Cottonwood.

Last edited:

sschultz1969

Premium Subscriber
thanks

I think this last guys post makes sense to me. I am serious about the hobby and have had a script to rr. Am just really busy in life right now and have little time. Winter is coming and will allow me more time. Again, thanks for your time folks. I honestly think tuning or just moving my antenna will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.