Traveling through NJ,I95 corridor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks,
Im going to be traveling the I95 corridor from Philadelphia to central Mass for 12 wees of dog training.
Ill be up n dowm the NE corridor a lot.

Will loading the central and north simulcast (troop C & B-and all TGs) alone give me fair coverage?

ThnkS!

Hey folks,
Im going to be traveling the I95 corridor from Philadelphia to central Mass for 12 wees of dog training.
Ill be up n dowm the NE corridor a lot.

Will loading the central and north simulcast (troop C & B-and all TGs) alone give me fair coverage?

ThnkS!
Last time I was back home, they did. They might still get swamped near an 800 MHz cellsite (even with the spacing from rebanding) if you use a gain antenna.

SCPD

QRT
Hey folks,
Im going to be traveling the I corridor from Philadelphia to central Mass for 12 wees of dog training.
Ill be up n Dom the NE corridor a lot.

Will loading the central and north simulcast (troop C & B-and all Tags) alone give me fair coverage?

ThnkS!

That will work, but you may get more than you want or need. You may want to consider narrowing the talk groups to NJSP Troops B&C, Toll Road Ops (if you will use the Turnpike or Parkway), Statewide and DOT (Maybe),

Jack

Yes I thought of that,but i recently got the 996XT and will be putting the GPS to use!

NJ has may IR's and I dont want to bog the scan down too much..Im looking at about 36 or so trips,
in total,,
I mis-spoke when saying Ill load all the TG's..troops A-B & C..Federal and Toll Rd Patrol..that should keep the box squaking!

Good idea the DOT & Statewide..Ill add em in.

thank you for the feedback..nice to have the info Before I roll out..

Last edited:

jaymatt1978

FWIW I programmed in the Wildwood IR thinking I could get it down in Cape May but got nothing so I don't know about the others. Let us know how you make out!!

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I suspect Cape May will be a non-issue going from Phillt to Central MA!

Others have told me, and they know more than I, that the IRs are of no value to program into a scanner unless you expect to spend a fair amount of time in an RF hole. They are there only to fill gaps in Simulcast coverage.

jvdet

If all you want is the roads you will be on, RT 95 to the NJ Turnpike (Turnpike at the south and central end is not RT 95, only the northern end has been designated RT 95) to the Garden State Parkway, then the NJ State Trunk system is all that is needed - just the TG,s for those roads; were you can hear road stops, crash's, disable vehicles - the state Police on these roads as a matter of day to day operations dont go off the toll roads; if you want the towns or counties you travel thru it becomes very confusing - as each town PD, FD, EMS is different for each - Just in Bergen County - the north end of NJ into NY, each of those roads you will pass over 20 towns on 20+ different channels/systems, in 20 min

Status
Not open for further replies.