Traverse City MPSCS Control Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg750

Does anyone know what happened to the Traverse City control tower? It's been silent for several days. We've had some very nasty storms around here the last couple of days, is it possible that lighning knocked it out? Or would they for some odd reason change the control frequency? I wonder how the MSP are working. That tower is a main "connection point", if you will, for the District 7 HQ here in Traverse City. The tower is connected to at least 4 other local towers via microwave, which is all in turn microwaved to the D7 HQ and the 71 post. The closest tower I can hear that isn't dead is South Boardman and the only TG that's been active is the statewide 7.

G

seamusg

gg750 said:
Does anyone know what happened to the Traverse City control tower? It's been silent for several days. We've had some very nasty storms around here the last couple of days, is it possible that lighning knocked it out? Or would they for some odd reason change the control frequency? I wonder how the MSP are working. That tower is a main "connection point", if you will, for the District 7 HQ here in Traverse City. The tower is connected to at least 4 other local towers via microwave, which is all in turn microwaved to the D7 HQ and the 71 post. The closest tower I can hear that isn't dead is South Boardman and the only TG that's been active is the statewide 7.

G
Try running WIN96COM on the South Boardman site to see which neighbors it's showing. If it's showing the Traverse City site it'll give the CC freq.

gg750

It wasn't storms or a problem at all...they changed the CC frequency. It was changed from 867.8750 to 868.7750. Why would they change the CC freq?

G

mikey60

gg750 said:
It wasn't storms or a problem at all...they changed the CC frequency. It was changed from 867.8750 to 868.7750. Why would they change the CC freq?

G

There are a number of reasons why the frequency could change such as interference or transmitter problems on the primary control frequency. The exact reason you'll probably never know.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.