TRIconneX Connect Plus (WV-PA-OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Got me a question.... Will the Whistler TRX-2 pick up the DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) system? If so what portable radio is out there that does this system also? I'm just trying to get a feel as to what is out there now since my 996xt and 396xt are all but about obsolete for Mercer County since all the good listening in now on NEXEDGE.

Thanks, Scott in Farrell

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Got me a question.... Will the Whistler TRX-2 pick up the DMR Motorola Connect Plus (TRBO) system? If so what portable radio is out there that does this system also? I'm just trying to get a feel as to what is out there now since my 996xt and 396xt are all but about obsolete for Mercer County since all the good listening in now on NEXEDGE.

Thanks, Scott in Farrell

Scott,

Yes, the Whistler will pick up the TriConnex system just fine. The Whistler TRX-2 is a good choice since it provides DMR and is supposed to provide NXDN support in the future [if it doesn't already]. The BCD436HP/BCD536HP do DMR well too -- but I don't know if they have definitive plans to support NXDN.

As far as portable radios (I suspect you mean commercial), I don't have any experience with commercial radios.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.