• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

    We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

    If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Troop A 42.440

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
NHSP low-band

There is no activity there, but the State has hung on to those licenses. Also has been mentioned here previously, if you check the database closely you will find other discrepancies, like the licensing for Troop E.


Good catch!
 

n1das

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
1,158
Location
Nashua, NH
This may have been a tie to MA SP a long time ago.

What is the "first use" date listed in the FCC's database?
 

SCPD

Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
65,126
Location
Virginia
NHSP was lowband

n1das said:
This may have been a tie to MA SP a long time ago.

What is the "first use" date listed in the FCC's database?
That's most likely it.
 
Last edited:

n1das

Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2003
Messages
1,158
Location
Nashua, NH
The first use buildout date was 1/5/1988....probably was a tie to MA SP long ago. MA SP was all on VHF-Lo band back then (I listened to them). Last I heard, MA SP still has their old VHF-Lo band system and they still use it once in a long while and they've kept the licenses up to date. MA SP's activity is primarily on 800MHz (Moto trunked).

Click on the Frequencies tab and then click on the "Buildout" link on the page. That's where I found the 1/5/1988 date.


Call Sign WNKN985 Radio Service PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional
1 Frequency for all locations
20 Frequencies per Summary Page
Filter Frequencies By Location:
All Locations1 - EPPING, NH




= Special Condition = Termination Pending Define View: General |Buildout | COSER | Emission | IRAC

Frequency Loc# Ant# Freq
ID Station
Class Buildout
First Use Buildout
Deadline Buildout
Notification
000042.44000000 1 1 1 FB 01/05/1988


1 Frequency for all locations
20 Frequencies per Summary Page
 
Last edited:

LPD7

Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
210
plxnbury said:
There is no activity there, but the State has hung on to those licenses. Also has been mentioned here previously, if you check the database closely you will find other discrepancies, like the licensing for Troop E.


Good catch!
They have one, but everytime the Dispatcher gives it out i cant catch it. I searched the FCC Databse one night and found a license on that freq, but none that are transmitted from Whittier Mountain.
 

jmarcel66

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 23, 2002
Messages
261
Location
Concord, NH
NHSP Troop A 42.44

This was in fact the tie to Mass SP Troop-A from NH

Other old NHSP frequencies are now seeing other use, right now by NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management with 45.26 on Mt Washington and in the future 44.94 on Mt Kearsarge.

Most licensees never give up their frequencies/licenses. Lose the turf, never get it back. It's not necessarily true (especially w/the almost vacant Low-band), but still a mindset.
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
10,368
Location
Taxachusetts
The MSP still have the Low-Band in many of the Cruisers and a few of the Barracks.

amazing what Chit-Chat occurs


jmarcel66 said:
This was in fact the tie to Mass SP Troop-A from NH

Other old NHSP frequencies are now seeing other use, right now by NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management with 45.26 on Mt Washington and in the future 44.94 on Mt Kearsarge.

Most licensees never give up their frequencies/licenses. Lose the turf, never get it back. It's not necessarily true (especially w/the almost vacant Low-band), but still a mindset.
 

LPD7

Member
Joined
May 20, 2005
Messages
210
That Link Freq on MT Washington for Troop F is still Active from 152.6300 P25 to 462.4500 PL 156.7

And the MSP Lo-Ban was all Base Transmitter, and un Repeated Mobiles, so the Crusiers had to be in the same area for the Simplex Talk to work
 

ecps92

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
10,368
Location
Taxachusetts
??? Low Band carries quite well and covers a large area.

Cruisers could/can talk fro quite a distance. The MSP did have Pac/RT's 154.92 in many cruisers, but as they failed they were not replaced.

Simplex worked quite well. Very few times did I need to relay between my cruisers on 44.74 or 44.90


LPD7 said:
That Link Freq on MT Washington for Troop F is still Active from 152.6300 P25 to 462.4500 PL 156.7

And the MSP Lo-Ban was all Base Transmitter, and un Repeated Mobiles, so the Crusiers had to be in the same area for the Simplex Talk to work
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top