Troop A 42.440

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
NHSP low-band

There is no activity there, but the State has hung on to those licenses. Also has been mentioned here previously, if you check the database closely you will find other discrepancies, like the licensing for Troop E.

Good catch!

n1das

This may have been a tie to MA SP a long time ago.

What is the "first use" date listed in the FCC's database?

SCPD

QRT
NHSP was lowband

n1das said:

That's most likely it.

Last edited:

geoff5093

n1das said:

This is what I got:

NHSPD_Freq.jpg

n1das

The first use buildout date was 1/5/1988....probably was a tie to MA SP long ago. MA SP was all on VHF-Lo band back then (I listened to them). Last I heard, MA SP still has their old VHF-Lo band system and they still use it once in a long while and they've kept the licenses up to date. MA SP's activity is primarily on 800MHz (Moto trunked).

Click on the Frequencies tab and then click on the "Buildout" link on the page. That's where I found the 1/5/1988 date.

Call Sign WNKN985 Radio Service PW - Public Safety Pool, Conventional
1 Frequency for all locations
20 Frequencies per Summary Page
Filter Frequencies By Location:
All Locations1 - EPPING, NH

= Special Condition = Termination Pending Define View: General |Buildout | COSER | Emission | IRAC

Frequency Loc# Ant# Freq
ID Station
Class Buildout
First Use Buildout
Deadline Buildout
Notification
000042.44000000 1 1 1 FB 01/05/1988

1 Frequency for all locations
20 Frequencies per Summary Page

Last edited:

LPD7

plxnbury said:
There is no activity there, but the State has hung on to those licenses. Also has been mentioned here previously, if you check the database closely you will find other discrepancies, like the licensing for Troop E.

Good catch!

They have one, but everytime the Dispatcher gives it out i cant catch it. I searched the FCC Databse one night and found a license on that freq, but none that are transmitted from Whittier Mountain.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
NHSP Troop A 42.44

This was in fact the tie to Mass SP Troop-A from NH

Other old NHSP frequencies are now seeing other use, right now by NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management with 45.26 on Mt Washington and in the future 44.94 on Mt Kearsarge.

Most licensees never give up their frequencies/licenses. Lose the turf, never get it back. It's not necessarily true (especially w/the almost vacant Low-band), but still a mindset.

ecps92

The MSP still have the Low-Band in many of the Cruisers and a few of the Barracks.

amazing what Chit-Chat occurs

jmarcel66 said:
This was in fact the tie to Mass SP Troop-A from NH

Other old NHSP frequencies are now seeing other use, right now by NH Homeland Security and Emergency Management with 45.26 on Mt Washington and in the future 44.94 on Mt Kearsarge.

Most licensees never give up their frequencies/licenses. Lose the turf, never get it back. It's not necessarily true (especially w/the almost vacant Low-band), but still a mindset.

LPD7

That Link Freq on MT Washington for Troop F is still Active from 152.6300 P25 to 462.4500 PL 156.7

And the MSP Lo-Ban was all Base Transmitter, and un Repeated Mobiles, so the Crusiers had to be in the same area for the Simplex Talk to work

ecps92

??? Low Band carries quite well and covers a large area.

Cruisers could/can talk fro quite a distance. The MSP did have Pac/RT's 154.92 in many cruisers, but as they failed they were not replaced.

Simplex worked quite well. Very few times did I need to relay between my cruisers on 44.74 or 44.90

LPD7 said:
That Link Freq on MT Washington for Troop F is still Active from 152.6300 P25 to 462.4500 PL 156.7

And the MSP Lo-Ban was all Base Transmitter, and un Repeated Mobiles, so the Crusiers had to be in the same area for the Simplex Talk to work

Status
Not open for further replies.