Troop C Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Hi ! I Was Wondering If Anyone Knew What Tower That Troop C-2 (Hwy Patrol) Uses For The Viper System.

Thanks To All That Replies

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Andrew,
Look at the VIPER listing in the database and program the tower site closet to you...then program in the Troop C IDs listed and see what you hear...C2 Talkgroup is 2064 but if your scanner can handle the extra IDs you might want to put all of the NCSHP IDs into your scanner...heck, I listen to the Wake County system and I hear IDs from Troop A all the way across the board :cool:

welshtorg

Premium Subscriber
C-2

Right now they don't have an active tower in Wayne Co. It was supposed to be on the existing structure at the Lee Power Plant, but the engineering study failed the tower for the Viper stuff. They are trying to find a new site. Administrators were looking a sharing space with Wayne county. (Wayne is setting up a VHF Trunking System completely independent of VIPER[Some idiot convinced the county that it cheaper to build a completely new infrastructure rather than hop on the state's system..probably the same guy who is padding his pockets with their money...too bad]),

So any way, You can commonly hear C-2 on Seven Springs, Kinston, Newton Grove, Keanansville, Smithfield, Farmville and Wilson Sites. I don;t think that the Motorola portables have been issued out completely yet. Just 1 or 2 and the transient traffic.

Just remember that unless there is a radio is affiliated with the site, you may not hear traffic...Don't tnink like conventional or even single site trunking...This thing lives and breathes and constantly changes....

Status
Not open for further replies.