Troop K - new PL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Just confirmed 110.9 on Troop K base

From which barracks, beside SP Poughkeepsie and the TMC?

Yes, please state which barracks you are nearest to when confirming the new PL usage.

I'm much more familiar with Troop F than Troop K, so someone please clarify this for me: Do some individual barracks in Troop K have base transmitters on 155.505, and if so do they handle their own radio traffic, i.e. will you hear "Hawthorne" on 155.505 talking to their troop cars in Westchester? I see 155.505 listed under 21 licenses in the four counties, but quite a few of them list SP Poughkeepsie as the control point.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Yes, please state which barracks you are nearest to when confirming the new PL usage.

I'm much more familiar with Troop F than Troop K, so someone please clarify this for me: Do some individual barracks in Troop K have base transmitters on 155.505, and if so do they handle their own radio traffic, i.e. will you hear "Hawthorne" on 155.505 talking to their troop cars in Westchester? I see 155.505 listed under 21 licenses in the four counties, but quite a few of them list SP Poughkeepsie as the control point.

SP Poughkeepsie handles most of the radio traffic for this area up here (Dutchess County area). I have heard the Wappinger barracks before but they didn't use the call "SP Wappinger" they used "Wappinger Barracks"

nozzlenut83

SP Poughkeepsie transmitting to units in Columbia County on 155.5050 is still CSQ. SP Livingston (Troop K, Zone 1 HQ) is now transmitting PL110.9 on Car to Car which was previously CSQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.