Trouble adding new conv freq into Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty10521

Premium Subscriber
When I try to add a conventional freq into Win500 it always defaults to Scan List 1. The shortcut to add new freq does not work. I cant highlight the frame. I have to go to the All freq screen and add new to end. It always defaults to scan list 1. Is this a bug or is there a fix ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

RKG

What I do when I want to add a channel is go to where I want the channel to be, highlight the channel I want to follow, and "duplicate" it (from memory: Sft-Cntl-D). I then modify the duplicate with my new channel parameters. And then I recast the Object numbers.

TES

When I try to add a conventional freq into Win500 it always defaults to Scan List 1. The shortcut to add new freq does not work. I cant highlight the frame. I have to go to the All freq screen and add new to end. It always defaults to scan list 1. . . .

I suppose by "All freq screen" you're referring to the All Objects tab.

What happens when you select the CONV objects tab and then press Alt+Ins or Ctrl+Shift+N? Either of these shortcuts should create a new conventional object, either above the currently selected conventional object or at the end of the list of conventional objects.

This new conventional object is highlighted and does indeed default to scan list 1. It's a rather simple process to assign the new highlighted object to any, all, or no scanlist—your choice—using the scanlists checkboxes near the upper-right of the screen.

Seems to me that this is the way Win500 is intended to work—not a bug.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
You can also change the scanlist where new objects are placed by going to the General Settings screen; just look for Default Scan List on the upper left.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Default Scan List 1

When I try to add a conventional freq into Win500 it always defaults to Scan List 1. The shortcut to add new freq does not work. I cant highlight the frame. I have to go to the All freq screen and add new to end. It always defaults to scan list 1. Is this a bug or is there a fix ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

In Win500, you will need to go in and map where you want the conventional frequencies to go if you don't want them to go to Scan List 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.