Trouble With Helicopters- Please Help-(Not Scanner-Related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieScoobie

Hello friends,

I have a close friend that is employed by a private conservancy that manages a VERY large swath of private land. Recently, there has been major issues with helicopters doing illegal landings on the land. How could one combat this problem? If someone could get the tail number of a helicopter, who would be the best person (or agency) to contact to raise a ruckus? Is there somewhere on-line to punch in tail numbers and get some info?

Thanks!

I know this is kind of off-topic but I knew you guys could help me!

Thaellar

A few strategically-placed steel cables should do the trick. jk

Your friend should carry a good video camera to capture the act and document those tail numbers.

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
I wonder what there all doing there
I would take a big roller and place it covered by the grass and brush, when the leave the chopper, hook up a tractor to a steel rope and haul the ramp and chopper away. then leave a note telling them that its your land and anything on it you can confiscate as your property, and leave ur phone number.

DPD1

Trespassing in an aircraft is no different than any other trespassing. You may have a little difficulty trying to figure out which organization will want to enforce it for you. It may just be the local police. Airports are becoming more and more against allowing extended pattern work, due to people who live near the fields complaining. Helicopters tend to go look for a spot in the open to practice auto-rotations and landings. I would bet that it's probably the same operator who's just decided the spot is a nice one and figures nobody will care. If you get the N number, look it up on the FAA site. Call the owner/operator and ask them what the deal is. Most likely they just apologize and stop doing it. If they won't, then call the police for the jurisdiction. If they keep coming back even though they said they won't, don't assume it's the same operator. It could be somebody different. The aviation community is a small one, and it probably won't take much to get the word out.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Thaellar

Are there are power lines or pipelines in the area? Not only would the companies owning them be interested, but so would the feds if there are infrastructure assets that could be disrupted by the wrong people.

Thaellar

monitorman

NewbieScoobie said:
Hello friends,

I have a close friend that is employed by a private conservancy that manages a VERY large swath of private land. Recently, there has been major issues with helicopters doing illegal landings on the land. How could one combat this problem? If someone could get the tail number of a helicopter, who would be the best person (or agency) to contact to raise a ruckus? Is there somewhere on-line to punch in tail numbers and get some info?

Thanks!

I know this is kind of off-topic but I knew you guys could help me!

Thats easy, plant landmines.

af5rn

Back in the 80's, I found a Cessna parked on my land. They'd landed in a pasture and gone hunting on my land. Called the FAA. They gave me the registration info and said to call the sheriff. Good ol' boys went to jail.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Another approach might be to contact them and ask if they're doing training/practice maneuvers. Then negotiate an agreement where they pay a fee for the privilege. I doubt they're doing any damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.