trouble with win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I can not seem to get the win500 to talk to RR. I am trying to program a GRE PSR-500. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Trying to down load kansas apco25 stuff for the highway patrol and local sheriff. I think I'm lost.

puzzleriddle

1) make sure latest drivers for the cable are installed
2) make sure comport shown in device manager & Win500 aree the same
3) make sure your login to RR are correct

mrkevin02

Premium Subscriber
I don't see comport in my device manager & win500. I know 1 and 3 are right but I am having trouble with the 2nd suggestion..
still lost.

Highpockets

I don't see comport in my device manager & win500. I know 1 and 3 are right but I am having trouble with the 2nd suggestion..
still lost.

Did you install the cable driver, install the driver before you plug the cable in? Then once you plug the cable in you should see the cable in device manager.

In Win500 under menus, Configuration - Programming Cable, you should see the com port listed (cable).

Last edited:

n5ims

It should look like the attached pic (your wording may differ somewhat depending on driver version and OS). The required com port is in the parenthesis (COM4 in my pic).

You can get the latest version of the driver from here (they make the chip used in the GRE/RS cables) --> Virtual COM Port Drivers

Attachments

• USBProgrammingCable.jpg
    USBProgrammingCable.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.