Trouble with Win97

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_expatriate

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded Win97 for use with my Pro-97, but I can't download what I already have on my scanner to Win97 program. The computer keeps saying that it is "looking for header" and then it "times out" The scanner is reading "Clone Mode - press up to send..."

I am very new to all this, so it could be something simple, but the help section on Win97 isn't working (I even tried what was posted on the web site to fix it).

TES

the_expatriate said:
. . . I am very new to all this, so it could be something simple, but the help section on Win97 isn't working (I even tried what was posted on the web site to fix it).
Take a look at Win97's Help file (click top right of screen). Once in the Help file, look in the index for "connect". I think you'll find your problem described along with likely fixes. I'm guessing the correct com port has not been selected.

the_expatriate

Premium Subscriber
Problem Solved

I am not able to access the "help" file, but your suggestion about the comm port was the issue. I just did a successful down load.

Thanks.

DLeeHarley

I like the Expatriate above have the same problem.
Trouble with Win97

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just downloaded Win97 for use with my Pro-97, but I can't download what I already have on my scanner to Win97 program. The computer keeps saying that it is "looking for header" and then it "times out" The scanner is reading "Clone Mode - press up to send..."

I am very new to all this, so it could be something simple, but the help section on Win97 isn't working (I even tried what was posted on the web site to fix it)."
The only difference is that I've been running this program on my desktop for over a year w/ no problems. Now that I've installed it on my new laptop this problem exsists. Not only that but when I try an access help it comes up then when I try to choose an option from the menu it states "Address not valid" Any help would and will be greatly appricated. Thanks,
Dennis

Pro-97

Highpockets

DLeeHarley said:
I like the Expatriate above have the same problem.
Trouble with Win97

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just downloaded Win97 for use with my Pro-97, but I can't download what I already have on my scanner to Win97 program. The computer keeps saying that it is "looking for header" and then it "times out" The scanner is reading "Clone Mode - press up to send..."

I am very new to all this, so it could be something simple, but the help section on Win97 isn't working (I even tried what was posted on the web site to fix it)."
The only difference is that I've been running this program on my desktop for over a year w/ no problems. Now that I've installed it on my new laptop this problem exsists. Not only that but when I try an access help it comes up then when I try to choose an option from the menu it states "Address not valid" Any help would and will be greatly appricated. Thanks,

Dennis

Pro-97

Check the comport settings, whats assigned to cable should be the same in the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.