trouble with WS1040 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctweller

Premium Subscriber
Hi - I'm new to scanning and have a WS 1040. I am trying to scan the Phoenix Police Dept channels. I uploaded them to the scanner from RR, and as far as I can tell it is scanning, but I don't hear anything...not even static. So I am wondering if I uploaded something incompatible with my scanner...? I think the talk groups I have are in the 2990's, if this makes any sense. Anyone have any thoughts on steps I can take to figure out if I have the right groups... or if my scanner isn't set-up properly?? Thanks for any help!

InlandAZ

It could be your location, here in Chandler we're too far from the towers to receive them - I miss the old days when they boomed right in.

The CC's you want are on Simulcast A, make sure that's what you've got in the scanner.

ctweller

Premium Subscriber
thank you - I got my uploads through PSRedit, through radioreference. In PSRedit I went to Import - Import from RR - Trunked Data - then I searched for Maricopa County, and in the list I found Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) which had all of the police precincts. This is what I uploaded. Is this not right...? I'm really in the dark on this, trying to feel my way through but it is frustrating! Where is Simulcast A and how do I upload it?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.