Troymail

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs9164

A good man

Wow 56 is way too young. RIP Troymail. If it wasn't for you I would still be trying to make my Whistler work.

Michael-SATX

RIP Troy you certainly contributed GREatly here with close to 10,000 posts since 2002 WOW !!!

So when you get settled up there - log back on and post/submit the Heavenly Trunking System
After you post the frequencies please start with the high priority TG's ie God, Jesus & St Peter ;)

Total Posts

About troymail

Signature
Unication G5(UHF)
TRX-2,TRX-1,WS1098,1088x2,1095,1080, PSR1080,PSR500,PRO96
BCD536,436,396T,BC296D,245XLT,600XLT,IV,VX-8R,MD-390

Last Activity: 10-07-2018 9:53 AM

Note: To fully appreciate the scope of Troy's contributions in forum threads - click this link below:
https://forums.radioreference.com/search.php?searchid=14302275

ps - Maybe an Admin or Moderator can update his profile with an honorary "Silent Key" instead of "Member" status under his username
even though his profile did not show he was a Ham operator, this way others reading posts down the road will know he has passed on !
Also as a common courtesy and so later on other maybe new or unaware users won't expect a PM or Forums reply back in the future :)

Last edited:

AlphaFive

responses

So many responses to this,, is a tribute to who he was, I hope his family knows about the people here responding. We should all be so recognized when the time comes.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Well that explains why he never replied back to my last Email to him.

Shocked... Very Sad.

RIP Troy.

Condolences to all Family and friends.

SMH.......

:(.

AuntEnvy

This is a loss indeed...

Troy helped me many times with questions/problems/suggestions, whether it was a direct reply to my posts, an answer in a thread I searched for or simply seeing things he wrote in other threads. I've responded to posts to let others know that he is a good source of info, and still is/will be as long as his posts remain here.

Sad news indeed, especially considering I will be on my way to North Carolina this weekend.

He will be missed.

ipfd320

Banned
My Condolenses to His Family--He was a Pleasure to See His Answers to Alot of Threads--Some Funny Some Serious

Speaking About Threads there are 2 Others Crossed with This--Wasent Sure Which One to Answer To

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
ps - Maybe an Admin or Moderator can update his profile with an honorary "Silent Key" instead of "Member" status under his username
even though his profile did not show he was a Ham operator, this way others reading posts down the road will know he has passed on !
Also as a common courtesy and so later on other maybe new or unaware users won't expect a PM or Forums reply back in the future :)

Troy's call sign is KB3TZF

riveter

Premium Subscriber
A really solid guy with a level and reasonable perspective, a wealth of knowledge, and a pleasant personality commanding of respect and appreciation. One of the people I talked to most on here, and one I respected very highly. He will be sorely missed, and this community is lesser for his loss.

KM4WLV

I had the opportunity to speak to Troy several times in the NC forum, and after I started the Unication G-Series Users group I reached out to him several times on issues we were working on and a few other things. Very knowledgeable & always glad to help. He will be missed. Prayers for his family, friends, and our family here on RR.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
My condolences to Troymail's family and friends. He contributed greatly not only to these forums but to the Radio hobby as a whole.

It was an honor to have know him and he will always be remembered.

RIP TROYMAIL

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
my condolences to his family, he helped this community a lot, he will be missed

RIP Troy

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I am sorry to hear about Troy. He was a very knowledgeable guy who really cared about scanning and helping others.

We talked often when he was in Maryland about our county's radio system and then the statewide radio system.

Sad day for the scanning community.

Last edited:

frazpo

troymail

Sad to hear. He was one of the guys that was here everyday helping people out.
I always got a giggle out of his profile image. His image illustrated where we have all been with computers and scanners.

Attachments

• 61926840242378b2b21f33.gif
    61926840242378b2b21f33.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 525

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Always willing to lend an explanation in a calm, fact-based manner. He truly loved the hobby and the Radio Reference community as a teacher, mentor and tech support representative for all types of radio questions. Gonna miss that iconic avatar.

Rest In Peace Troy.

Status
Not open for further replies.