Trunk software idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner71

I do not know if I am alone in my way of thinking but I would like a piece of software to act like unitrunker but show all the info like trunk88. I love both programs but would like to have it all in one package. I know both programs are free and I should not look a gift horse in the mouth, but I like the look and feel of unitrunker but would like to see messages ie. status's and the likes. I would do it but my programing skills suck. I would like it to show things that the dispatch sees. I know the OSW stream provides a lot of info and I would love to see a program utilize all of the info in one program. Like I said I love trunk88 and untrunker but I have to dedicate two of my older computers to monitoring, I believe if someone melded unitrunker, trunk88 and even idtracker into one program they would dominate the scanning scene. I know I will probably get flamed for my thoughts and I acknowledge all the hard work that the programmers have put into these programs but I love to know everything that is happening and I feel I am missing stuff. Just my thoughts, thanx for reading my post. Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed. (good or bad) I love reading replies to my posts.

WyoWabbit

I know what you mean! Two great programs, but each has something missing that the other one has. Just to let you know, you don't need two computers running, I run Unitrunker AND TRUNK88 AND TrunkMon at the same time on one computer using one sound card input! WORKS FINE! Tom.

ronenp

How can you operate 3 programs that require sound card input with same sound card ?
Useualy after the first program the other programs say the soundcard is already in use and dont work .....

Regards
Ronen - 4Z4ZQ
Ronen Pinchooks (4Z4ZQ) WebSite

WyoWabbit

I don't know WHY it works, or rather, why it doesn't fail and give me an error message, all I know is that it does work. Sony VAIO, 650 MHz, P3, Windows XP, Creative Sound card CT5805. Tom

bezking

I don't know WHY it works, or rather, why it doesn't fail and give me an error message, all I know is that it does work. Sony VAIO, 650 MHz, P3, Windows XP, Creative Sound card CT5805. Tom

Soundcard access is brokered by the operating system, thus allowing many programs to access the input, it's just kind of "copied" into however many different streams your apps need.

Status
Not open for further replies.