Trunk88 New Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
On my Trunk88 screen now for the past while there seems to be 3 NEW VOICE Channels or Control Channels, which are there but not being used. They are: 142.230, 143.400 & 155.880. I am up in ZONE 3.

So I dunno if these new channels are put on here for use eventually or sometime in the future, or if they are errors and are showing up on my screen for a unknown reason. Even after restarting Trunk88 they were still there.

2 of the channels just showed up one day on my Trunk88 screen then quite a few days later once I restarted Trunk88, another Channel showed up. So I was finding this weird that all of a sudden these channels just showed up out of nowhere.

So just wondering if anyone on here, from any other Zones or places might of noticed the same thing, new channels being added out of nowhere but not being used yet.

I will be waiting for any replies to this post to see if these channels I am seeing on my Trunk88 screen are actual channels to be used sometime or maybe showing up for some weird reason.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
142,230 is a known Fleetnet frequency used oin Zone 3 on Foleyet, White River, and Temagami towers.
So thats possible

The other two frequencies dont seem to be in the database

What tower are you monitoring?

SCPD

QRT
Yup 142.230, does belong to those towers and that is the next tower from me, Foleyet, which is only an hour from me. So I found it weird that would show up as a future control channel or voice channel for me here.

As for those other 2, yah they are not in the database and especially 155.880, this one is what I find as a really weird NEW future Control Channel or Voice Channel which is way up there in the freq range for Fleetenet.

So I was just curious and wondering about these 3 NEW future Control Channels or Voice Channels.

I am monitoring the Chapleau Tower.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Did your radio somehow change frequency? It could be possible that it changed sites and back, like if you're using a scanner as a source radio.

SCPD

QRT
Nope my radio never changed freq, it is always sitting on our main Control Channel of: 142.500.

And nope never changed sites that I know of, the only way it can is if I do it myself on the radio otherwise it never does. All my site will do is if for some reason our main Control Channel drops offline and the Alternate Control Channel is being used, I have to manually change the radio to that freq/channel. Otherwise it can never change on my end on its own.

And nope I am not using a scanner, I am using a actual Motorola Mobile VHF Radio to feed the control channel to my computer. If this will help any.

So I was just curious and wondering about these 3 Future Control Channels or Voice Channels showing up just like that, and not being used yet. Especially the freq: 155.880 which I find as a weird Channel showing up, way up there out of the Fleetnet Freq range.

SCPD

QRT
Ok. I did that today and so far they never came back, so they are not being used here, but if they are going to be eventually they will show up again.

We will just wait and see if they do show up again or not.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.