Trunk88 Notch or Narrow out the PL Tone on Voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Not many talking about Trunk88 now a days. I felt adventurous and had success getting it to work on the OKWIN system Site 8 here in Oklahoma City. All frequencies are clear. I am hearing the very noticeable low rumbling sound of the PL CTCSS tone. It is very loud coming through my bass woofer on my 2.1 speakers. I have no control on windows to turn down bass frequencies and the Logitech speakers have no bass control at all. Just a Volume control and a ON/OFF button.

I need help finding out in the Trunk88.CTL file where to set the audio bandpass to cut off the PL CTCSS tone. It's 'note.txt' and the 'SDR Guide.txt', and 'Readme.txt' are somewhat ambiguous to me on it.

SCPD

QRT
After rereading and finding I am not thinking, it's actually called low speed data. It just enabled in the CTL file by replacing '0' with '1' in the line that says filter LSD. Problem self solved. Sound much cleaner! Thanks!

slicerwizard

Yes, it's called low speed data because the trunking repeaters transmit 300 bps data signals alongside the analog voice traffic. There are no PL/CTCSS tones in those signals.

SCPD

QRT
Great Motorola Smartzone II decoder!

Yes, it's called low speed data because the trunking repeaters transmit 300 bps data signals alongside the analog voice traffic. There are no PL/CTCSS tones in those signals.

You did a marvelous piece of art making Trunk88! I like it! I will enjoy it while I can. My local area is making the move to APCO P25 Phase II (Project 25 and constructed by Harris per city council price schedule agreement) replacing Motorola Smart Zone II over the next year or two. I expect at least the last quarter of 2019. I hope Trunk88 is going to work. I'll sure miss it if it won't decode.

It sure is on frequency using the RTL-SDR dongles with both having a 0.5 ppm TCXO, All I needed to do was edit the Trunk88.CTL file with 0 on both CC and VC sections. Works perfectly. Clean 97-100% CC decodes. Voice is clean as the waters Laghi de Fusine, Italy.

Thanks SlicerWizard :)

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
If trunk88 could be updated to decode P25 9600 systems I would absolutely be ecstatic. Trunk88 was my go to trunk logger for years until the systems around me went P25 phase 1 and 2. I have always loved the way the data was stored and the lay out of the trunking info screen Man do I miss using trunk88 :(.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
If trunk88 could be updated to decode P25 9600 systems I would absolutely be ecstatic. Trunk88 was my go to trunk logger for years until the systems around me went P25 phase 1 and 2. I have always loved the way the data was stored and the lay out of the trunking info screen Man do I miss using trunk88 :(.

Oh ya it's a gem. Its worth updating it for Project 25 Phase 2 systems. I don't know if slicerwizard wants to or not.

slicerwizard

Not many talking about Trunk88 now a days. I felt adventurous and had success getting it to work on the OKWIN system Site 8 here in Oklahoma City.
Me again.

I believe you're having an issue with the loudness of the various alerts in TRUNK88? If so,

You can: Press Ctrl Q to toggle quiet mode.

You can: From the main Command prompt, select Edit Defaults, then select Sound generation, then adjust Master Volume down by a large amount or even set it to zero.

You can: In the Sound generation dialog, scroll down and set the volume level for each alert and test an alert's current loudness by pressing Ctrl V while editing an alert's settings.

SCPD

QRT
Me again.

I believe you're having an issue with the loudness of the various alerts in TRUNK88? If so,

You can: Press Ctrl Q to toggle quiet mode.

You can: From the main Command prompt, select Edit Defaults, then select Sound generation, then adjust Master Volume down by a large amount or even set it to zero.

You can: In the Sound generation dialog, scroll down and set the volume level for each alert and test an alert's current loudness by pressing Ctrl V while editing an alert's settings.

Thanks, slicerwizard! That worked. I am streaming is why that was important to me. Trunk88 is doing a good job.

CanesFan95

Gawd, that be awesome if Trunk88 did Phase 1/2 P25. Trunk88 looks a lot like the old trunker software from back in the day which I liked the best. Back inna dhey.

DRL-XM43

Trunk88 is still the best and I use it constantly with DSD+ FL for 3 or 4 Moto systems mixed analog/digital that I can receive.
If it could do P25 that would be fantastic, or DMR/NEXEDGE LOL

Anyway it is truly a work of art... hats off to the author.

Status
Not open for further replies.