Trunk88 Windows 7 Pink

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

Didn't have this issue with Windows XP SP3 now I see a large chunk of the display not appearing as it should. I can't stick with XP I had to upgrade. What must be done to make Trunk88 appear normally?

This is NOT at all NORMAL for Trunk88

Attachments

• pinktrunk88.jpg
    pinktrunk88.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 23
S

simpilo

All that did was resize it vertically. Didn't fix that pinkish back ground.

cg

Premium Subscriber
When you copied your old files over, did you have the TRUNK88.ctl file? That is where you set the colors for the program and all the systems. In each system .ctl file you can edit them to have the program act/look different for individual systems. The defaults refer back to the settings in TRUNK88.ctl.
You can also do much of it via the menu, I prefer looking at the file and doing it.

chris

S

simpilo

When you copied your old files over, did you have the TRUNK88.ctl file? That is where you set the colors for the program and all the systems. In each system .ctl file you can edit them to have the program act/look different for individual systems. The defaults refer back to the settings in TRUNK88.ctl.
You can also do much of it via the menu, I prefer looking at the file and doing it.

chris

It was setup on Windows XP which looked as it should but I had to upgrade from WinXP due to TLS site compatibility issues. I copied that folder to the root of C:\ on the Windows 7 drive, which is C:\Trunk88\

The colors changed for some reason. Maybe color codes are different in Windows 7? I don't know. I prefer to use the program to set it to default coloring. Plus, I updated Trunk88 to version 4.90A (2014 release newest) in hopes that would fix it but still pinkish.

Lilac RGB color code is #b666d2 not sure if that's a Windows 7 thing

DRL-XM43

this is a post from Andy on the Yahoo Trunk88 group, perhaps it will help. It was a similar request.

You're referring to the BG Activity Display (background activity
display); the background color for that area is controlled by Area
#4's Color value, and the text color is controlled by the BG Activity
Display's Color value.

You should probably edit the default values that are in TRUNK88.CTL,
rather than make changes for a single system.

This can be done in TRUNK88 - no need to fire up Notepad; from the
main Command prompt, navigate to Edit Defaults / Backgrounds and
colors / Area #4; change the Color value to 1 or 9 for blue, then
press Enter. Then press Ctrl-R to redraw the screen.

That should get you the text and background colors you want.

To change the text color for that area, navigate to Edit Defaults /
Non - channel area display elements / BG Activity Display; and as
above, change the Color value, press Enter, press Ctrl-R.

S

simpilo

this is a post from Andy on the Yahoo Trunk88 group, perhaps it will help. It was a similar request.

You're referring to the BG Activity Display (background activity
display); the background color for that area is controlled by Area
#4's Color value, and the text color is controlled by the BG Activity
Display's Color value.

You should probably edit the default values that are in TRUNK88.CTL,
rather than make changes for a single system.

This can be done in TRUNK88 - no need to fire up Notepad; from the
main Command prompt, navigate to Edit Defaults / Backgrounds and
colors / Area #4; change the Color value to 1 or 9 for blue, then
press Enter. Then press Ctrl-R to redraw the screen.

That should get you the text and background colors you want.

To change the text color for that area, navigate to Edit Defaults /
Non - channel area display elements / BG Activity Display; and as
above, change the Color value, press Enter, press Ctrl-R.

Its getting closer but I suspect Windows 7 isnt allowing much because still a Lilac color. I can't stand this color. What is it about Windwos 7 that does this? Compatibility settings don't help one bit. Setting colors in Area #4 partially works.

Attachments

• gettingcloser.jpg
    gettingcloser.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 7

DRL-XM43

I have the same thing when I moved to win 10. The color codes must be different. I got some of mine changed - it works well that was key for me

slicerwizard

Windows XP and earlier had an undocumented API call that allowed console applications to modify their 16 color palette. After XP, the API calls do nothing.

Create a shortcut to TRUNK88.exe and edit the shortcut's properties, specifically the gaudy pink color. Start with a medium-bright gray and adjust it from there. There is also a darker color (may look purple) that might need adjusting. Don't know if you're using it in your specific configuration / .ctl file color selections, but you're definitely using the stinky pinky.

Use the new shortcut every time you run TRUNK88.

S

simpilo

Windows XP and earlier had an undocumented API call that allowed console applications to modify their 16 color palette. After XP, the API calls do nothing.

Create a shortcut to TRUNK88.exe and edit the shortcut's properties, specifically the gaudy pink color. Start with a medium-bright gray and adjust it from there. There is also a darker color (may look purple) that might need adjusting. Don't know if you're using it in your specific configuration / .ctl file color selections, but you're definitely using the stinky pinky.

Use the new shortcut every time you run TRUNK88.

I am not using the CTL file for editting colors. I don't understand it at all. I did see where the colors could be adjusted in the shortcut properties which didnt seem to phase it. I did not see any pink settings there or in my windows themes. All of them are the default themes. Seems to be only affecting Trunk88 and nothing else.

I am kind of dumb at this please spell it out. Notice the back ground before System selection

Attachments

• shortcutcolors.jpg
    shortcutcolors.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 10
  • beforesystemrun.jpg
    beforesystemrun.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

slicerwizard

I am not using the CTL file for editting colors. I don't understand it at all.
The .ctl file is full of color values. It comes that way and TRUNK88 uses all of them, but unfortunately, the values for the 16 color palette have no effect on Vista and beyond.

I did see where the colors could be adjusted in the shortcut properties which didnt seem to phase it. I did not see any pink settings there or in my windows themes. All of them are the default themes. Seems to be only affecting Trunk88 and nothing else.

I am kind of dumb at this please spell it out. Notice the back ground before System selection
It's right there in the first picture. Third color box from the right. Click on it and then edit the red/green/blue values. I use 140, 120, 80, so start with that.

The sixth color box from the left should also be edited. I use 40, 40, 40.

Click on Apply and then run TRUNK88 via the shortcut.

You can make changes to the two color boxes, click Apply and re-run TRUNK88 to assess the changes.

S

simpilo

The .ctl file is full of color values. It comes that way and TRUNK88 uses all of them, but unfortunately, the values for the 16 color palette have no effect on Vista and beyond.

It's right there in the first picture. Third color box from the right. Click on it and then edit the red/green/blue values. I use 140, 120, 80, so start with that.

The sixth color box from the left should also be edited. I use 40, 40, 40.

Click on Apply and then run TRUNK88 via the shortcut.

You can make changes to the two color boxes, click Apply and re-run TRUNK88 to assess the changes.

Well now I messed the whole thing up. Need to reset the color palette so I can try your settings. I dont know how to reset it to default to start over. I blame old age lol.

EDIT: I just had to delete the registry folder 'console' to reset it. now I get eeew. just eew
EDIT:Again: I adjusted the wrong one. now it looks GOOD!

Attachments

• eeeew.jpg
    eeeew.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 15
  • perfect.jpg
    perfect.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.