Trunker 383 in WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have not run Trunker383 in WinXP much recently but since I retired my old DOS machine I was playing with it again. I made the entry to the Autoexec.nt file and Trunker runs just fine, happily decoding a local 900 MHz. system just fine.

My only issue is that it is using all my PC's resources, at least according to the Task Manager. The NTVDM.EXE process is at 99% most of the time. I was trying to run Pro96Com at the same time but it was choking trying to decode.

IS there any way to reduce the resources used by Trunker and it's cousin, the NT Virtual DOS Machine from hogging all the resources and share them nicely?

The machine is a P4 2.4 GHz., with 2 GB of RAM, running XP-Pro SP3.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
My only issue is that it is using all my PC's resources, at least according to the Task Manager. The NTVDM.EXE process is at 99% most of the time. I was trying to run Pro96Com at the same time but it was choking trying to decode.
That's the way the program was written. In DOS there is no other program running (loaded perhaps - but not running). The program assumes this to be the case.

Is there any way to reduce the resources used by Trunker and it's cousin, the NT Virtual DOS Machine from hogging all the resources and share them nicely?
Switch to one of the windows variants (which also means switching to audio input). CPU use should drop from 99% to 5%.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Thanks! I tried setting up Unitrunker once before and had issues, but since I had a functioning DOS box I didn't spend enough time trying to make it work.

Looks like that will be my project this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.