trunking in michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all,
i am new to all this so any help you all can give is greatly appreciated. i just went to radio shack and bought a pro-433 to monitor the surrounding police and fire here in eastpointe, roseville, st.clair shores area. ok now the confusion starts. this scanner has 150 pre programmed freq's which is tracking non trunked areas. when i am attempting to scan trunked freq's do i have to put in trunked freq's? talk group id's? i have put in freq's i have found online for various agencies and am getting nothing. anything online is not 800 mhz which i have come to understand is what the trunking sytem is running on. can anyone help with the freq's for eastpointe as far as the police and fire? any help or the right direction would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for the help...

kenny

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
i do believe if i am not mistaken you need a digital scanner to pick up what you want, thats prob why you are not getting any reception, They run on the P-25 system (apco 25), i know thats what the detroit area uses as for PD, fire, ems, Also i do believe your area is included with that, if you look at your specs for your scanner in the wiki on this site you will see what you can pick up and what you can't

freqs

hawkeye32 said:
i do believe if i am not mistaken you need a digital scanner to pick up what you want, thats prob why you are not getting any reception, They run on the P-25 system (apco 25), i know thats what the detroit area uses as for PD, fire, ems, Also i do believe your area is included with that, if you look at your specs for your scanner in the wiki on this site you will see what you can pick up and what you can't
hawkeye is correct you will need a digital scanner for almost all pd and fd comms in macomb

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
kennylmckinney said:
hello all,
i am new to all this so any help you all can give is greatly appreciated. i just went to radio shack and bought a pro-433 to monitor the surrounding police and fire here in eastpointe, roseville, st.clair shores area. ok now the confusion starts. this scanner has 150 pre programmed freq's which is tracking non trunked areas. when i am attempting to scan trunked freq's do i have to put in trunked freq's? talk group id's? i have put in freq's i have found online for various agencies and am getting nothing. anything online is not 800 mhz which i have come to understand is what the trunking sytem is running on. can anyone help with the freq's for eastpointe as far as the police and fire? any help or the right direction would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for the help...

kenny

See this has me concerned. There used to be a time that you could walk into a Radio Shack and tell them you want to buy a scanner and they would ask you what system, now they could care less. Kenny. Pack that scanner back up and take it back and tell them you want the PRO96 or the PRO2096. I believe they are on sale right now for 349.00. The System out that way is a Digtial System and can only be monitored with DIGITAL scanners not ANALOG scanners.

thank you for the reply

thank you for the come back... i got some checking to do by the sounds of it...thank you again for the help....

kenny

thank you for the reply

thank you all for the reply...guess just like you say i walked in and assumed i was getting a real scanner that i could use and just didn't know what i was getting when i walked out... i am packing this baby up and heading to radio shack and gonna get a real scanner...lol... thank you again for the help and steering me in the right direction......

kenny

mikey60

kennylmckinney said:
thank you all for the reply...guess just like you say i walked in and assumed i was getting a real scanner that i could use and just didn't know what i was getting when i walked out... i am packing this baby up and heading to radio shack and gonna get a real scanner...lol... thank you again for the help and steering me in the right direction......

kenny

There are rumors around that the Macomb subsystem will add 700Mhz channels after February of next year (after the analog TV stations abandon those frequencies). Strictly a rumor at this point, but it would not surprise me in the least.

The Pro-96/2096, while great scanners, do not have the ability to track the 700Mhz frequencies that may be added to the system. If you're going to spend the money, and can afford it, I would suggest the PSR-500 or PSR-600 from GRE. These models will track these frequencies. The price is a bit higher, but in the long run, you'll probably be better off.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.