Trunking questions and discussion area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLM7424

I swear their use to be a Trunking discussion area, can we have one ?

or can i please be directed to where i should ask for help on a nxdn trunking /system questions
trying to determine if a found frequency is NXDN single freq or trunk

Thank you Matt.

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The Uniden technical support forum would seem to be an obvious venue...

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
As the question pertains to how it should be programmed into a BCDx36HP, it still is appropriately placed in the Uniden forum, as no other manufacturer's scanner trunk tracks NXDN.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
my question is not uniden specific

Actually, it is, because the answer to your question will be completely different depending on the model scanner you are using.

Uniden has a programming option called One Frequency Trunked that can be used to identify talkgroups and other trunking info on an unknown frequency. Whistler requires you to program unknown frequencies as conventional digital. The Uniden SDS-100 has additional options that can identify the system and site IDs of a trunked system from a Close Call hit, allowing you to program the frequency directly into a trunked system site without any intermediate steps.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When you do ask, there, give specifics (what frequency(ies)), RadioReference database page if it is in the dB, etc. I've taken to mostly ignoring posts for help where no useful diagnostic info is provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.