Trunking Recorder Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedrizzle

I hope I'm not spilling anything that is supposed to be under wraps but I've noted over the last few months (at least) the beta version of Trunking Recorder has been updated a few times with no announcement or documentation that I have found. I imagine I'm one of a handful of people that run it, but wanted to share what I had found.

I was looking through the beta group for Unitrunker v2 and saw a post from 2016 with a link to a beta version of TR. I grabbed it and was surprised to see in the "About" section of the program was the year 2018. I've seen a few differences, good or indifferent, none bad yet, and thought I'd share because it is so hidden, or at least wasn't talked about.

http://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

-D

scannerbox

Trunking Recorder 2.5 BETA

Trunking Recorder 2.5 BETA has been updated and is available for testing.

The main changes are
- Call recorded email notifications, Trunking Recorder will send an email when a specific talkgroup is recorded. It can attach the call audio file or supply a link to the Trunking Recorder web interface.
Details on setting up notifications can be found at Trunking Recorder - Recording audio from trunked radio systems monitored by Unitrunker

- Inactive call email notifications, Trunking Recorder can send an email if no calls are recorded after a specified number of minutes. Useful if Unitrunker stops monitoring for some reason.

- Second audio stream, Trunking Recorder now allows for two independent audio streams. Can use this to have a private stream with all Talkgroups and public one with only a few. Could also be used to have police on one and fire/ems on the second.

- Call stream MetaData can be written to text file for use with third-party audio streaming application (RadioFeed)

- Streaming audio can be delayed for a specified number of minutes. Useful for public feeds where you don’t want people to be able to use the audio in real-time.

- Various improvements to decrease web interface loading time.

- Requires .Net 4.6.1 and only supports Windows 7 and newer.

- Added feature to handle calls where Unitrunker v2 “parks” and then “continues” the call in rapid succession (Would cause multiple calls with a missing SourceID).

- Trunking Recorder will now purge the Talkgroups and radio users search list when there are no longer any matching recorded calls in the system.

- Updated various libraries used.

New version can be found at http://www.scannerbox.us/TrunkingRecorder/BETA Trunking Recorder Installer.msi

This is a BETA version, make a backup of your existing database before upgrading.
Final release will be in a month or two.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Works great with Unitrunker

Thank you for all these great new features within Trunking Recorder.

The program is excellent and just keeps getting better. :)

Josh

thedrizzle

I just now saw (and was very pleasantly surprised by) your reply from 2 months ago. Thank you for continuing to support and develop such great software. I had upgraded to UTv2 and one of the betas of TR back when I posted this, but there were some small quirks that I couldn't quite pin down to which (beta) software was causing (or if it was signal/antenna) so I rolled back to figure things out.

This program makes me look so good to my few users monitoring a large metro system. :) Thank you for the news and everything you do. I plan to send another small donation your way via the button on your page.

see7

Thanks for making this program. Works perfectly for keeping organized recordings from a P25 system in my area

Status
Not open for further replies.