Trunking Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5HOB

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the point of programs like UniTrunker and T4Win was. If you have a trunking scanner, you can hear all the trunked transmissions right?

Airdorn

Programs like Unitrunker give you a bunch more information about the control channel that the scanners don't.

Also, you can use those programs with a couple of non-trunking scanners and essentially have a trunking scanner. :)

KE5HOB

Airdorn said:
Also, you can use those programs with a couple of non-trunking scanners and essentially have a trunking scanner. :)

Ah, I could see that as a benefit lol. What good is the information that you get with Unitrunker? Is it just something that is nifty to know, or can it help with your scanning?

Airdorn

It keeps track of data, so you can start to see some trends.. certain talkgroups talking to other talkgroups all the time, etc. Helps you get a better picture of the layout of the system in question.

Helpful if the RR database doesn't have any TGID's. :)

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
It's also very useful in acquiring the LCN on EDACS systems and channel assignments on UHF and VHF Motorola systems.

You can also set different priority levels. Say you have Fire Dispatch set to priority level 10, PD Dispatch to level 2 and the Emergency "Man Down" talk group to 1. Then in the middle of an Animal Control TG conversation, if the FD comes on, UniTrunker will send the scanner to the FD TG. If the Man Down TG becomes active, it will override everything, no matter whether there are comms on any of the other priority TGs.

It's all set up the way you want it. I have it running here 24/7 to see when new TGs are added or when certain radios affiliate or de-affiliate to/from the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.