TrunkPCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
After hearing all the good reviews about TrunkPCR, I finally go around to downloading a copy for my PCR1K. I was wanting to know if there is any information out there on how to use. I have sent a request to join the yahoo group and I do plan to donate, I was just wondering if anyone had some good tips for a newbie to this software?

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I suggest getting the program and regestering it. I have tried alot of software out there for the PCR1000 and TRUNKPCR is the best scanning software that I can find, and I am NOT trying to stroke Jay from the post above.This is my testimony.
Trunkpcr is very stable works great with Motorola and both wideband and narrow band EDACS.
I had compaired the PCR1000 with trunkpcr and my other two trunking scanners(pro2052 and pro92) using the same antenna and trunkpcr beat them out. the functuality is unbleaveable and the information that trunkpcr gives beats out T4win and any other program that can gather data from a trunk system.
The only problem is no LTR support right now. I keep in contact with Jay and if you have a problem email him, he has great support.
I strongly recomend it.

red616

Hello,

Great pgm. Was wondering if it will allow trans to be heard that use Moto/Astro P25 format or will it just do analog trunking?

Thanks,
Al

n3pkc

I need to clear up some misconceptions about the Discriminator tap mod for the IC-PCR100 which is required to use the TrunkPCR software. A discriminator tap on the PCR100 is well worth doing. I have performed this mod on two of my own units and the throughput is much better at higher speeds than the IC-PCR1500's data plug came even close to. However I must warn you to read this post before you perform the mod described on many web pages because doing one part differently makes life a whole lot easier (the part where they have you un-soldering the antenna jack, you can just carefully heat the BNC connector itself (with a (flame or torch), and the threadlock holding the nut on the connector will melt easily. Unscrew this nut (while it's still hot) and the whole board will come in or out of the chassis easily. It's just not necessary at all to un-solder the antenna jack from the board. ALSO, and more importantly, I had no success with the .22 uf capacitor described in various web sites. I used a 10k resistor (as described in the below URL) after much trial and error with capacitors. The correct mod is listed on this site, with the exception of heating and removing the nut on the BNC jack.

http://nix.fulhack.nu/discriminator/

I'm Joe jhj5012@psu.edu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.