TRX-1: import issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Hi again- I screwed up today.

Long story long, I plugged one of the TRX-1s into the computer. Windows did it's usual "error with this drive" drivel, and without thinking (I'm at work), I clicked through to 'fix' the error.

I brought up the TRX software, clicked on the trunking tab, made a few small changes, and uploaded the codeplug. I then brought the second TRX-1 over and uploaded the same new codeplug to it. After thinking for a few minutes about other changes, I selected the conventional tab and...nothing.

Where I should've seen 272 frequencies, zero were present. I checked both TRX radios and, of course, nothing conventional in either.

Sigh. Anyhow, I was set to import conventional freqs from PSREdit as the PSR radios and TRX radios pretty much mirror each other (as a known good baseline). When I selected import from clipboard in the TRX software, I found that only the conventional stuff in the PSR radio's 1st scanlist imported. Even changing EVERYTHING to scanlist 1 doesn't do anything...The TRX software petulantly refuses to import more than 20 or so freqs.

Make sense yet?

What am I missing?

mikey60

From the other thread on this subject, make sure there is a mode column and an Alpha Tag column in the import. Also make sure there is an alpha tag present in the record to be imported.

Mike

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
From the other thread on this subject, make sure there is a mode column and an Alpha Tag column in the import. Also make sure there is an alpha tag present in the record to be imported.

Mike

There were. Everything I program in is well labeled.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Well, I tried again and ensured, redundantly, that the columns were properly labeled with what they contained. I tried copying 50 conventional frequencies; 10 successfully imported. WTH?

I then tried 8 conventional frequencies; none copied.

ETA- I figured it out. The mode must be specified....AM, FM, NFM, etc. Auto cannot be imported.

Last edited:

TAbirdman

The objects that didn't import, did you have added an alpha tag to it? Import needs that as well as frequency. Doesn't need the mode info, just a column so you can assign it as MODE in import

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
At a certain point, for threads like this to continue to be productive at all, files need to be uploaded, the clipboard needs to be posted, and/or we need screenshots.

I understand that it is horrible that EZ Scan does not give a detailed error message (or any error message) to help you figure out the error. Or that the documentation is marginal at best. At any rate, likely, your data is not all in the format that will be accepted. If you post it, perhaps we can actually help you.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
At a certain point, for threads like this to continue to be productive at all, files need to be uploaded, the clipboard needs to be posted, and/or we need screenshots.

I understand that it is horrible that EZ Scan does not give a detailed error message (or any error message) to help you figure out the error. Or that the documentation is marginal at best. At any rate, likely, your data is not all in the format that will be accepted. If you post it, perhaps we can actually help you.

I've since solved the issue, but I'll reiterate the details.

I opened PSREdit, loaded a .bin file of conventional frequencies, copied it to the clipboard.

I then opened the TRX software, selected import from clipboard, and verified the alphatag, frequency and mode columns were properly labeled as such and contained that information. I did the import and found a paucity of objects actually imported.

The second time I attempted this, I realized only the objects with a firmly delineated mode (aka FM, NFM or AM) had imported. Objects set to "auto" as a mode did not import.

I then went back to PSREdit, labeled everything as either NFM or AM (frequency dependent), and did the import process again. This time they all imported correctly.

I then went through and batch-changed what had imported to what mode I wanted and uploaded to both radios. Saved myself the pain of hand-jamming in all the lost frequencies.

I'm working OCONUS this week, at the speed of dial-up internet, so pics will not be forthcoming. Also, as part of my job, I learn of sensitive frequencies and have those in my radios, so a screenshot would likely entail changing 200+ objects to alphatags such as "secret frequency" and the NACs to "search" or something, and I don't possess the patience for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.