• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

TRX-1 NXDN WhistlerWendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Whistler Representative
Premium Subscriber
Any word on how far out Whistler is with the NXDN update for the TRX-1?

There are a ton of NXDN radio users near me in Bartholomew County Indiana and I'd love to be able to monitor them. :)

http://www.digitalfrequencysearch.com/Search/NXDNdisplay.php
Hi Del -
We are currently in development for NXDN. The engineers are working on it as we speak. We are working to have it ready for release before the end of the year. As we get closer to a confirmed release date I will make an announcement to the group.

Thanks!
WW

TRX-1 NXDN WhistlerWendy

I was wondering that very thing. I am glad to hear that it is coming along.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi Del -
We are currently in development for NXDN. The engineers are working on it as we speak. We are working to have it ready for release before the end of the year. As we get closer to a confirmed release date I will make an announcement to the group.

Thanks!
WW
WW - I don't suppose you can share what flavor of NXDN is going to be covered in the new release (IDAS (Icom's version) or NEXEDGE (Kenwood's version))? And will trunking be covered, or just conventional?

I can easily see conventional being done first, get the bugs shaken out, and use the lessons learned to handle NXDN trunking in a follow up release in the future.

I would understand not being able to answer this not to tip your hand to your competitors...Mike

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Gentlemen, a reminder that the OP's purpose for this thread is to ascertain a release date for the NXDN upgrade.

I've deleted a bunch of off-topic posts which have nothing to do with this.

Please start your own thread or find a suitable thread for your other issues.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.