TRX-1 NXDN WhistlerWendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Any word on how far out Whistler is with the NXDN update for the TRX-1?

There are a ton of NXDN radio users near me in Bartholomew County Indiana and I'd love to be able to monitor them. :)

http://www.digitalfrequencysearch.com/Search/NXDNdisplay.php

Hi Del -
We are currently in development for NXDN. The engineers are working on it as we speak. We are working to have it ready for release before the end of the year. As we get closer to a confirmed release date I will make an announcement to the group.

Thanks!
WW

JASII

Memory Capacity
TRX-1 NXDN WhistlerWendy

I was wondering that very thing. I am glad to hear that it is coming along.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi Del -
We are currently in development for NXDN. The engineers are working on it as we speak. We are working to have it ready for release before the end of the year. As we get closer to a confirmed release date I will make an announcement to the group.

Thanks!
WW

WW - I don't suppose you can share what flavor of NXDN is going to be covered in the new release (IDAS (Icom's version) or NEXEDGE (Kenwood's version))? And will trunking be covered, or just conventional?

I can easily see conventional being done first, get the bugs shaken out, and use the lessons learned to handle NXDN trunking in a follow up release in the future.

I would understand not being able to answer this not to tip your hand to your competitors...Mike

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gentlemen, a reminder that the OP's purpose for this thread is to ascertain a release date for the NXDN upgrade.

I've deleted a bunch of off-topic posts which have nothing to do with this.

Please start your own thread or find a suitable thread for your other issues.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.