TRX-1: TRX-1 Refurb Sale 09 Feb 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Got one for $370... cheaper than the "trade-in" price I was quoted last summer to trade my 1088 for a TRX-1.

Anyone want to buy a lightly used 1088? :p

Premium Subscriber
Got one for $370... cheaper than the "trade-in" price I was quoted last summer to trade my 1088 for a TRX-1.

Anyone want to buy a lightly used 1088? :p
Where ? Never mind found it ! Thanks

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I was waiting for the scratch & dent, but this will do. Thank you for the post.

Bill1

Bummer - just saw this thread today and the refurb units are all sold out. Would have picked one up at that price. Congrats to you all who grabbed one fast!

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Bummer - just saw this thread today and the refurb units are all sold out. Would have picked one up at that price. Congrats to you all who grabbed one fast![/QUOTE

This sale lasted hours, usually done in seconds.. Sign up for whistler emails and they send you the Sales info.

DJ11DLN

I signed up last year and got a few e-mails, then they petered out. Signed up again, same thing. Not sure what's going on (no they're not going into my spam box) but I consider RR a more reliable indicator for these sales than Whistler's e-mail alerts.

I'd be up for text alerts for these and other sales (hint, hint, wink).

JTMax

Premium Subscriber
Well I got mine today and it is DOA. Will not power up or connect to EZ software. Talked to customer service and they are supposed to send me a return label. However since there are no more units available I have to wait for them to repair it. Not real happy about this but what do you do. Their quality control dropped the ball on this one. Don't know how they could send out a scanner that is certified refurbished if it does not even power up.

Ubbe

They test it before sending it out but cannot spend too much time on it. Refurbish means that they make the outer shell look as new either by polish it or replacing parts like scratched display glas.
The shipping company probably gave it a good shake that made the previous unfound problem appear that was the reason the first owner had it returned for.

/Ubbe

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Got mine today too... powered up just fine... updated EZ Scan no problem... updated CPU... copied configuration from 1088 to TRX-1... BOOM! Done in less than 30 minutes.

Well I got mine today and it is DOA. Will not power up or connect to EZ software. Talked to customer service and they are supposed to send me a return label. However since there are no more units available I have to wait for them to repair it. Not real happy about this but what do you do. Their quality control dropped the ball on this one. Don't know how they could send out a scanner that is certified refurbished if it does not even power up.

JTMax

Premium Subscriber
DOA

Got mine today too... powered up just fine... updated EZ Scan no problem... updated CPU... copied configuration from 1088 to TRX-1... BOOM! Done in less than 30 minutes.

Glad yours worked fine. Was supposed to get an email with a return label but so far have not received a thing. Guess I'll be back on the phone again tomorrow with them. I still do not believe that it was in working order when it was shipped to me. It was packed well and I do not think it was DOA because of the shipping. They just didn't check it out before "Certifying it" and shipping it to me. Poor QC in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.