TRX-1: TRX-1 - Some (more) questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
New TRX-1. Programmed with EZ Scan - latest version from website. Also latest firmware updates.

1) On some DMR entries - I have encrypted option set to TONE but when the scanner stops on that entry all I hear is garbled voice. I assume that if it was encrypted, I would just hear a tone. I am close enough to have full signal strength. Am I interpreting this correctly?

2) There are instances in this area where the same freq is used for analog and DMR. The freqs are separate entries, one DMR the other Analog. Is there a way (with no PL tone) to stop the DMR noise on the analog entry?

3) On the Sq Exclude feature - anyone understand how to implement it? How to exclude a certain PL from an entry? Manual mentions the feature, but I haven't seen anything that actually explains how to implement it.

4) Maybe this will help someone: At times, I've had issues reading or writing to/from the scanner - I get a message that says Waiting For SD Card Availability. I would look at Computer (running Win 10) and see that the TRX-1 drive was showing, but it wasn't showing the "scroll bar" under it like the other drives that shows how much space is used/available. If I right-click on the Computer window and hit refresh, the scroll bar will re-appear. Then the read or write works just fine.

Thanks for any assistance!

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
#1 Both my TRX's and Uniden X36's pass the audio from Basic Encryption and it is garbled.
#2 Not that I am a where of.
#3 In a Trunked Talk Group enter a talk group lock it out Conventional enter a tone and lock it out and these are skipped
#4 That is a well documented problem does not matter Win 7 Win 8 Win 10 but it is not a constant problem either.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I believe you can set it to search for a certain privacy type and activate only if a privacy code of that type is present (without specifying the exact tone). I haven't played around with that, though.

It should be smart enough to look for data frames and mute the audio if they are present (or switch to digital). I guess limit search is the best way to run it for that frequency. It pretty much sucks if you actually want to listen to both users of that frequency. That's the result of patchwork software upgrades that are done on the cheap. The entire code base of these scanners needs to be redone from scratch, but they will never do that.

I guess there isn't a TRX-1 guide on here, but these scanners are close enough that this link should be useful to you: Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual

racingfan360

1) On some DMR entries - I have encrypted option set to TONE but when the scanner stops on that entry all I hear is garbled voice. I assume that if it was encrypted, I would just hear a tone. I am close enough to have full signal strength. Am I interpreting this correctly?

If it's working correctly, on detecting an encrypted channel, you should get a short burst of encrypted voice comms and then when the scanner kicks in you'll hear a tone sounding (it will sound like an engaged tone on the telephone).

I believe you can set it to search for a certain privacy type and activate only if a privacy code of that type is present (without specifying the exact tone). I haven't played around with that, though.
I haven't found that feature yet, or at least one that is able to distinguish between different forms of encryption. I'd be interested in what you uncover if you do find that feature. I've only seen it in DSD+.

Like buddrousa, I can confirm my TRX passes the garbled audio from Motorola and Hytera Enhanced Encryption when set to Digital Noise setting.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Would be cool if the TRX at least displayed the privacy code...there are only 255 Motorola "basic" privacy codes, it's basically PL for MotorTRBO. :)

Paul

racingfan360

Would be cool if the TRX at least displayed the privacy code...there are only 255 Motorola "basic" privacy codes, it's basically PL for MotorTRBO. :)

The ADCR25 went down this route, and guess what, it's no longer available.........

SOFA_KING

On #2 - Yes. Program the DMR channel first followed by another channel set up as analog (with or without tone). The scanner will stop on DMR first if it is active, then proceed to analog if it is not. As a positive "no noise" option, program the analog channel with a tone (most users use one) and you will never hear DMR data noise. But even without tone your chances are better if the DMR channel is first in the scan list.

Phil

milcom_chaser

New TRX-1. Programmed with EZ Scan - latest version from website. Also latest firmware updates.

2) There are instances in this area where the same freq is used for analog and DMR. The freqs are separate entries, one DMR the other Analog. Is there a way (with no PL tone) to stop the DMR noise on the analog entry?

3) On the Sq Exclude feature - anyone understand how to implement it? How to exclude a certain PL from an entry? Manual mentions the feature, but I haven't seen anything that actually explains how to implement it.

4) Maybe this will help someone: At times, I've had issues reading or writing to/from the scanner - I get a message that says Waiting For SD Card Availability. I would look at Computer (running Win 10) and see that the TRX-1 drive was showing, but it wasn't showing the "scroll bar" under it like the other drives that shows how much space is used/available. If I right-click on the Computer window and hit refresh, the scroll bar will re-appear. Then the read or write works just fine.

Thanks for any assistance!

#2. Why not use the "Skip" feature (temporary lockout). This assumes you have a constant DMR signal.

highmaster2

Premium Subscriber
On #2 - Yes. Program the DMR channel first followed by another channel set up as analog (with or without tone). The scanner will stop on DMR first if it is active, then proceed to analog if it is not. As a positive "no noise" option, program the analog channel with a tone (most users use one) and you will never hear DMR data noise. But even without tone your chances are better if the DMR channel is first in the scan list.

Phil

This particular user doesn't use a tone, unfortunately.

How can I get the EZ Scan software to upload in a particular order? I've tried sorting the conventional channels by alpha tag or by freq and sorted the TGs by alpha tag. Then when I upload to the scanner, it's all scrambled - no particular order.

And thanks to everyone that's responded so far.

milcom_chaser

This particular user doesn't use a tone, unfortunately.

How can I get the EZ Scan software to upload in a particular order? I've tried sorting the conventional channels by alpha tag or by freq and sorted the TGs by alpha tag. Then when I upload to the scanner, it's all scrambled - no particular order.

And thanks to everyone that's responded so far.

Unfortunately, EZ Scan doesn't allow for moving individual objects up or down within a scanlist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.