TRX-1 Spectrum Sweeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFMatrix

Burn Your Boots First
Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, I am also looking for the solution to this problem of the spectrum sweeper for the Whistler scanners. I currently have a new WS1080 and looks like the problem not isolated to just the TRX-1. I do belive its a firmware issue. I currently have CPU-3.5 and DSP-2.2 (All Current Up To Date) installed on my scanner. Before that update the spectrum sweeper worked like the PSR-800 does but after those updates, the sweeper does not operate as it should. Hopefully someone finds a solution.

markgrutz

Hi guys, I am also looking for the solution to this problem of the spectrum sweeper for the Whistler scanners. I currently have a new WS1080 and looks like the problem not isolated to just the TRX-1. I do belive its a firmware issue. I currently have CPU-3.5 and DSP-2.2 (All Current Up To Date) installed on my scanner. Before that update the spectrum sweeper worked like the PSR-800 does but after those updates, the sweeper does not operate as it should. Hopefully someone finds a solution.

I'd bet that someone changed a line or two of code to "fix" something and that the sweeper referenced that same code. I have done it before with programming, but maybe with this extra info they can track what and where the change was and fix it.

Mark

prcguy

At this point only Whistler can find and offer the solution.
prcguy

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Fingers crossed on a fix too.

I'm Seriously considering buying one of these Whistler TRX-1's and that's definitely an important feature (Spectrum Sweeper & DMR) to have in my consideration between it and a Uniden model. Interesting reading the threads here between the two competing brands to say the least. I've always owned Uniden scanners but.......

RFMatrix

Burn Your Boots First
Premium Subscriber
I'm Seriously considering buying one of these Whistler TRX-1's and that's definitely an important feature (Spectrum Sweeper & DMR) to have in my consideration between it and a Uniden model. Interesting reading the threads here between the two competing brands to say the least. I've always owned Uniden scanners but.......

Well thats one of the 3 reasons I bought a Whistler scanner BUT unfortunately, now one of them is crippled. WHISTLER lets get the game moving and lets fix this!! :D

SCPD

QRT
Hate to be the one to say this but .. the Uniden close call is infinitely better than Spectrum Sweeper. I would seriously consider buying a cheap Uniden just for this feature if this is your thing.

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Hate to be the one to say this but .. the Uniden close call is infinitely better than Spectrum Sweeper.

It depends on what you want/need/expect from such features.

Uniden's Close Call has the advantages of being able to be used in conjunction with scanning all the time. It also picks up nearby transmissions much quicker than the Spectrum Sweeper.

However, the Spectrum Sweeper definitely picks up lots more and from much farther away from the transmission source. At least that's my experience.

eddie8965

My 1080 is the same...sweeper doesn't stop ,but the signal level meter is at full bars....I can see it flashing....haven't done the update on the 1095,and its working fine

eddie8965

One of the reason I keep buying whistler products...they work...im hoping it a small firmware issue...and ill hang on to my money and see how quick(if)this gets resolved before I order the trx-2 I've been drooling over it for 2 weeks...almost bought one this morning

eddie8965

I downgraded cpu firmware to 2.8 and now spectrum sweeper and priority both work,so I know I either got a glitch when updating,or theres a bug...I got my 1080 back !!

SCPD

QRT
firmware!

I downgraded cpu firmware to 2.8 and now spectrum sweeper and priority both work,so I know I either got a glitch when updating,or theres a bug...I got my 1080 back !!

There you go Wendy,it IS the Firmware,like I told the Whistler techs.I had the 1080 and the spectrum sweeper did work,so something with the new fimrwares are making it not work or stop on any frequency,close or far away.When I got the TRX-1 I immediately upgraded the firmware for DMR decode.

eddie8965

Yep i went back to the website and got the previous firmware...loaded,it....and all is good now,i also noticed with the new firmware,that the menu was a little different...the add new conventional frequency was in a different place...and probably a few other things I didn't notice

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've confirmed it's also not working on my WS-1088. The search slows down over the active frequency... but that's it.

SCPD

QRT
I called them today and told the rep who is forwarding my info to the engineering department,I also mentioned the WS1098.I have the TRX-1.Hope this million dollar radio gets its fix!

kikito

Premium Subscriber
Go get the updates while they're hot! Spectrum Sweeper seems to be working again with the latest firmware! Among several other goodies/fixes!

Status
Not open for further replies.