TRX-1 UK Bandplan Not Quite Right

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Nice to see a UK bandplan appear in the TRX-1 but it needs options to add 3.125 kHz and 6.25 kHz offsets or the option to tune in 3.125 kHz steps, the limit search doesn't stop on Tier III systems on frequencies like 154.09375 MHz 154.33125 MHz

It would be much nicer to be able to set a step and mode for limit search.

Also could there be an option to re-program the bands like Public Service search, why not make them user defined?

Its a shame the Whistler scanners seem so locked down and inflexible compared to the Unidens.

woodpecker

Do the Uniden scanners have different band plans like that? I thought all scanners just had the US and Canada band plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It appeared in the TRX-1 firmware update yesterday, Uniden only have USA and Canada plans but they are much more flexible than the Whistler scanners and its never caused a problem for me.

MichaelBhere

Nice to see a UK bandplan appear in the TRX-1 but it needs options to add 3.125 kHz and 6.25 kHz offsets or the option to tune in 3.125 kHz steps, the limit search doesn't stop on Tier III systems on frequencies like 154.09375 MHz 154.33125 MHz

It would be much nicer to be able to set a step and mode for limit search.

Also could there be an option to re-program the bands like Public Service search, why not make them user defined?

Its a shame the Whistler scanners seem so locked down and inflexible compared to the Unidens.

You may want to try the Flex step option on the unit.

MichaelBhere

You may want to use the scannersuggestions email link that Whistler provided to provide input. The bandplan appears to software driven so it would seem likely that changes and tweaks can be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.