TRX-1 Whistler Handheld Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfdenbc

I live in Chilliwack BC Canada. Can anyone suggest why the TRX-1 won't pick up our local RCMP frequency 135.35000? I know the signal was scrambled and my old Uniden Analog Scanner no longer works so I bought the new Whistler TRX-1 hoping it would pick up the local RCMP but no luck yet. I programmed it with the ree software and still no luck. It shows the frequency 139.38000 coming up with a busy signal but that's it?

Any advice?

AJ

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I live in Chilliwack BC Canada. Can anyone suggest why the TRX-1 won't pick up our local RCMP frequency 135.35000? I know the signal was scrambled and my old Uniden Analog Scanner no longer works so I bought the new Whistler TRX-1 hoping it would pick up the local RCMP but no luck yet. I programmed it with the ree software and still no luck. It shows the frequency 139.38000 coming up with a busy signal but that's it?

Any advice?

AJ

The "busy signal" is indicative of the signal being encrypted and therefore not being monitorable.

troymail

Silent Key
The "busy signal" is indicative of the signal being encrypted and therefore not being monitorable.

^ this -

Digital "encoding" is not the same as "encryption".

Encryption is an option layered on top of the digital encoding.

If the user went from analog to digital, chances are a digital scanner can (or possibly will in the future) be able to receive and monitor it.

However, if they also applied any form or privacy or encryption as well, no new scanner is going to be able to receive it either (now or in the future).

mrg1std

Premium Subscriber
You can add 139.350 and 139.380 as conventional channels using the TRX-1 software. As W8RMH stated change the mode from AM to FM for 139.350 and FMN for 139.380 according the the RR database.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.