TRX-100 / TRX-200 timeline adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys -
We’ve received a lot of questions lately about the timeline for the TRX-100 and TRX-200 scanners. I just wanted to let everyone know that due some changes we’ve made in the development of the product and our intent to bring only the best performing unit to market, we have adjusted the timeline of the launch of this product to Q1 2019.

AlphaFive

Thank you

Thank you very much for the information, it is appreciated. As customers, I'm comfortable saying that most of us can take news that's not exactly what we want. What is difficult from a customers perspective is the feeling of being ignored. So the news ain't perfect, but your honesty counts for a lot...

lou9155

Hey guys -
We’ve received a lot of questions lately about the timeline for the TRX-100 and TRX-200 scanners. I just wanted to let everyone know that due some changes we’ve made in the development of the product and our intent to bring only the best performing unit to market, we have adjusted the timeline of the launch of this product to Q1 2019.
best not to rush it really has to be right.....to be candid thr trx2 was a real letdown

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Put me down for two TRX-100s.

(No need for batteries that last more than 2 hours, useful antennas, mailing it in for repairs, or...wait, that's another company. Disregard).

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys -

I for one appreciate the forthcoming statement from Whistler on the delays, unlike the substandard and unfinished product that Uniden has rushed to market once again; yes, I am referring to the overpriced SDS100 which is basically useless on conventional analog VHF/UHF frequencies due to poor reception, distorted audio, and bleed over from adjacent frequencies and not to mention, still no battery as promised more than almost 3 months after the promised date. I for one will never again purchase another Uniden product.

DJ11DLN

Kudos to Whistler for being forthcoming and honest about this. I'd stated before that I would much rather see a new model (of anything, actually) arrive late and working properly than rushed out to meet a timeline and operating half-baked. My opinion about that hasn't changed. Thanks Wendy!

CaptMike2

I have been waiting for months to make a scanner purchase. While I appreciate the update, I am disappointed to hear this. I just might bite the bullet and purchase an SDS100 as I am tired of listening to a broadcastify station that down more than it is up and the transmissions are hit or miss. Very Frustrating.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Had enough scary horror stories from AOR and Uniden the past few months. Absolutely get it right.

Yes , get the licence , to track all the modes properly & no missed transmissions ,..torture test it for as long as you need to , no problem waiting for a quality product

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
WhistlerWendy - thank you for the Update. I look foreward to purchasing a TRX-100 in Q1 2019.
I hope you were able to Include some of the Improvements I suggested many Months ago.
To me I am most Excited by Whistler and not by Uniden at all. I am However getting a ICOM IC-R30 as well because my current ICOM R-10 Died. I need a Receiver/Scanner capable of Continuous tuning from HF to 3.0 Ghz or 5.0 Ghz. and I have Room for both a Whistler Scanner and CR from Icom.

racin06

I'm enjoying my awesome Uniden SDS100; however, I will also be purchasing the TRX-100 and I can't wait! I believe in supporting both Uniden and Whistler.

allend

Premium Subscriber
Honestly hearing this news doesn't make a difference either way. They came out with information about new scanners this past May of 2018 and no pictures or nothing. Just HOT air. I am not bashing them since I have had their radios in the past and still have the WS-1065. Big loss they could not get the radios finished by the holidays but o well. Most likely we will see something by next summer. Timelines always get pushed forward.

I guess this news will let Uniden get their ducks in a row for their base model. I am pretty sure we won't see any new models by Christmas for sure at this point. Back to point I think we should be-able to see some pictures or a sneak preview of features which would allow us to get excited.

Marky102770

held out for whistler

Ever since Radio Shack went out of business, Uniden seemed to step up on their scanners. they were pretty good but I liked whistler better because Whistler made their scanners very similar to the radio shack scanners (GRE) and Whistler never charges for the upgrades such as DMR / motoTRBO, NXDN, etc. as Uniden charges approx. $75 per upgrade. there is one upgrade Uniden has that whistler don't, and that is the EDACS ProVoice.

Whistler has me waiting and led me to believe they were coming out with a scanner by the end of the year which it don't look like that's happening. had I knew that, I would have purchased the SDS100 when it first came out, Since I have a Motorola XTS5000 7/800 Mhz which works loud and clear on the Philadelphila P-25 trunk system which is where I live. I had it programmed not to affiliate so I wont get criminally in trouble, and it is loud and clear and it is the same radio that Philadelphia Police carry until they recently got new APX600 radios to get ready to switch to the P-25 Phase 2. so it looks like I will be going with Uniden instead of Whistlers radios. since they are misleading and they will never be as good as the Radio shacks scanners before they went out of business.

Marky102770

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.