TRX-2 and Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hello all... Just got my new TRX-2 today, for the most part I understand how to program it using the PC cable. 1 thing I can't figure out is the clock, when you power it down I got the clock to display, but it shows 24-hour time, is there a way to change it to 12-hour time? Thanks! Love this little thing, the P25 digital decode is far superior than my Uniden 536HP...

DJ11DLN

No, it will only display in 24-hour format. Maybe Whistler will address this in a future update but for now we're stuck with it.

If it's like the clock in my WS-1098, it won't keep reliable time anyway...mine was off by more than 10 minutes in a month. I don't even let it display any more. But that's fine, I bought a scanner, not a clock, LOL.:cool:

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
No, it will only display in 24-hour format. Maybe Whistler will address this in a future update but for now we're stuck with it.

If it's like the clock in my WS-1098, it won't keep reliable time anyway...mine was off by more than 10 minutes in a month. I don't even let it display any more. But that's fine, I bought a scanner, not a clock, LOL.:cool:

Well now that just sucks! Not everybody uses military time....... Whistler, you seeing this?? :)

Floridasand

Can someone help me with an issue I have with my TRX-2 not keeping time?
I use my TRX-2 in my truck and have power to the radio at all times so that the clock is displayed. However, I set the clock and then after several weeks it is way off. Is this a recall item or what is the fix? I do sometimes unplug the power in my truck but only overnight and I understood that there was a backup battery in the TRX-2. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I tried to look at all the threads and forums but could not find anything.

Dana

Ubbe

Well now that just sucks! Not everybody uses military time....... Whistler, you seeing this?? :)

It would create problems with sorting and naming of log files and such. If it's all digits it's much easier than to also handle am and pm letters in filenames and when sorting and other problems we might not realize at a quick glance.

/Ubbe

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Real men use 24 hour time, over!

danlewis

Feed Provider
On a related matter, why doesn't the clock also make use of use the stored date so it can shift to daylight savings time? Is this a possibility for a future update?

Machria

Premium Subscriber
They could easily DISPLAY the time in either format, BUT use the 24 hour format internally for logs and such. You know, like the rest of the electronics world does! ;)

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
Regarding charging the clock battery in TRX-2, can I use a USB wall charger rather than plugging in the USB cable to PC to charge? I assume yes but wanted to double check. I prefer not powering on the TRX-2 for days to charge that battery.
Also can I turn off the clock (in EZ scan or via menus)? Thanks

Ed6698

Regarding charging the clock battery in TRX-2, can I use a USB wall charger rather than plugging in the USB cable to PC to charge? I assume yes but wanted to double check. I prefer not powering on the TRX-2 for days to charge that battery.

Yes on both questions.

trp2525

...If it's like the clock in my WS-1098, it won't keep reliable time anyway...mine was off by more than 10 minutes in a month...

Can someone help me with an issue I have with my TRX-2 not keeping time?
...I set the clock and then after several weeks it is way off...

Whatever they use as the clock circuit in their radios sucks. I have 3 of their scanners and they all drift fairly quickly.

I have a suggestion to keep the clocks "somewhat accurate" at least on a weekly basis. What I do is to send my computer's time to both of my Whistler scanners (TRX-2 and officially upgraded PRO-668) each week just prior to loading the RR weekly update into the scanners. Just click on "Set Real Time Clock to Computer Time" in the "Scanner/SD Card" drop down list to send the correct/accurate computer time to the scanner. Because some of the scanners' clocks drift much more than others this suggestion may or may not be useful to you. The clocks in my TRX-2 and PRO-668 drift off at different rates. YMMV

Machria

Premium Subscriber

The unit is not really "powered on" when its OFF (aka not booted up and scanning) but plugged in with the time displayed. It's just charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.