TRX-2 Long Squelch tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

On some analog frequencies , even with ctcss on I am getting a very long squelch tail , in some cases 2 or 3 seconds , am I missing a setting somewhere that will make it go away ?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I get the same thing on a RS197 on VHF except when I install the "FM" trap in line it all clears up and the station even gets better.....

BrianG61UK

For me it's usually worse with CTCSS on than without it.
So I only use CTCSS when there is actually interference from something else that would come through without CTCSS.

dispatch235

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about the settings on the TRX2 but on the 1065 if I change the ctcss setting to "auto" it will get rid of the squelch tail.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
I have had the same problem since day one with my TRX-2 (x2) and my WS-1088. No adjustments to squelch or CTCSS have ever solved the problem. I stopped using them all for low band

mrkelso

Same here, squelch tail is way to long on analog 155.700 no matter what you do to tweak it. Whistler should step up and tweak the firmware.

djeplett

Or at least allow "Expert Settings" tweaks like on the PRO-106/PSR-500 scanner design. I had trouble with a squelch tail on a couple channels using DCS with those scanners, but adjustments to the expert settings virtually eliminated them.

No tweaks allowed with the TRX-1/TRX-2.

Ed6698

I wonder what is different as far as the WS1080 and 1095. I have both of them and have no squelch tail issues on any analog.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
I wonder what is different as far as the WS1080 and 1095. I have both of them and have no squelch tail issues on any analog.
I don't get any LONG squelch tails on my trx-2 and I have a tone of analog. I set my squelch to 9 or 10. I think they may be getting some sort of interference that only affects the trx.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider

I removed the 1095 in my vehicle, as the loooong tails on the CHP's low band system made it mostly unlistenable.

AKJohnny

Scanner Addict
Premium Subscriber
I only get the long squelch tails when mobile. When used stationary as a base station, all is fine. Whistler needs to test in a vehicle while driving or they may not see the severity of the problem. This happens on both my trx-1 and trx-2.

Ubbe

It's probably not the squelch in itself that are the only problem causing squelch tails but also the bad front-end. It get interfered easily, particulary in VHF that reduces the noise level and the squelch doesn't close as easily. The amount of noise are used to control the squelch. Even without an antenna connected it seems to be a lower level of noise in VHF compared to UHF.

A modern car has a lot of electronic "smog" and my experiance are that it mostly appears in VHF and LO-VHF.

/Ubbe

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I don't get any LONG squelch tails on my trx-2 and I have a tone of analog. I set my squelch to 9 or 10. I think they may be getting some sort of interference that only affects the trx.

On my TRX-2 with the squelch set at 9 the squelch tail is acceptable but this setting of 9 sets the squelch threshold to high and weaker transmissions that I want to hear are squelched out. Dropping the squelch down to 8 or 7 brings on the long squelch tail problem.

I too have reported this to the whistler many months ago and nothing has been done. :mad:

APX7500X2

This is the reason my TRX-2 is in my basement, I got it to put in my truck with the remote head but the squelch tail drives me nuts, I have tried every diffrent setting for squelch and fine if i put no delay its the best but still gives tail, If i do 2 second delay like I want its not woth lisrtening to

lolbananalol2

Premium Subscriber
This is the reason my TRX-2 is in my basement, I got it to put in my truck with the remote head but the squelch tail drives me nuts, I have tried every diffrent setting for squelch and fine if i put no delay its the best but still gives tail, If i do 2 second delay like I want its not woth lisrtening to

What do the delay settings do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.