TRX-2 - Searching Channel NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hello!

How to search for the NXDN NEXEDGE (Kenwood) channel. Using Limit Search?

I found the radio takes too long to respond to a NXDN modulated station using the Limit Search. I made a simple scanlist with every frequency in a range that I want to search. Like 461-465 at a 6.25khz separation. It's easy to create using Excel. Then duplicate the frequency column into another and that is your alpha tag. Then just make another column with "NXDN" in every cell. That is your mode. Copy and import clipboard into your scanlist (it takes a WHILE, be patient. ) When the radio scans each frequency and it is set for NXDN and Digital modulation, it will stop on it every time. The radio doesn't have to figure out what the modulation is. If its not NXDN it will go right past it. And if you have your Control Demo logging program going, you can log everything heard even unattended, as well as the RAN and other info. You can also see how fast it is scanning through the list with the Control Demo program. I also created scanlists for searching DMR using the same concept.
Bob

Last edited:

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I found the radio takes too long to respond to a NXDN modulated station using the Limit Search. I made a simple scanlist with every frequency in a range that I want to search. Like 461-465 at a 6.25khz separation. It's easy to create using Excel. Then duplicate the frequency column into another and that is your alpha tag. Then just make another column with "NXDN" in every cell. That is your mode. Copy and import clipboard into your scanlist (it takes a WHILE, be patient. ) When the radio scans each frequency and it is set for NXDN and Digital modulation, it will stop on it every time. The radio doesn't have to figure out what the modulation is. If its not NXDN it will go right past it. And if you have your Control Demo logging program going, you can log everything heard even unattended, as well as the RAN and other info. You can also see how fast it is scanning through the list with the Control Demo program.
Bob

I thought my copy/paste was locked up (trying to copy 400 frequencies), so I aborted and only copied 100 at a time and it only took a few seconds each time.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I thought my copy/paste was locked up (trying to copy 400 frequencies), so I aborted and only copied 100 at a time and it only took a few seconds each time.

When I originally made these scanlists I did them 1 Mhz. at a time, like 461-462, 462-463, ect.. But finally I put them all into 4 separate scanlists, 451-455, 459-465, 470-473, and 476-479. Otherwise it was taking up too many scanlists (max allowed is 200 in EZ-Scan). Yes it took about a half hour each using a desktop with a pretty powerful processor. But once you do it your all set. Also did VHF ranges and all for DMR, NXDN, and P25 separately so it uses quite a few scanlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.