TRX-2 Software Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
How? I must be missing the obvious. With my Win500 software, I log into Radio Reference, start with state, then county, then I can check off the systems and talk groups I want to import. I do not see anything like that with EZS. So would appreciate your advice on how to do that.

Within EZScan, under the Import tab you select Preferred from the drop down list on the first screen and then go through the screens and can select which frequencies or sites and talkgroups you want to import. Give that a shot and see what happens.

TAbirdman

Im trying to follow the OP and posts #2-3 so I can better understand this. I imported the counties the OP listed. First one in one scan list the 2nd in another. I see what the OP noted, only 1 system but the 2 sites for both counties are under it. Since I have the 2 counties separated in different scan lists why is this an issue? Why make several copies of the system and then L/O the unwanted? What is the advantage over the way I did it?? I could break the county down to FD/PD/EMS in their own scanlists too. I've done this before for others that I've help program their units.

Looking for enlightenment! :)

beischel

Im trying to follow the OP and posts #2-3 so I can better understand this. I imported the counties the OP listed. First one in one scan list the 2nd in another. I see what the OP noted, only 1 system but the 2 sites for both counties are under it. Since I have the 2 counties separated in different scan lists why is this an issue? Why make several copies of the system and then L/O the unwanted? What is the advantage over the way I did it?? I could break the county down to FD/PD/EMS in their own scanlists too. I've done this before for others that I've help program their units.

Looking for enlightenment! :)

Here in Hamilton County, Ohio, the County recently moved from their own P25 system, to the Ohio MARCS IP system. The City and the County typically have different control channels for each system, but carry the TGs from the city on the county and the county on the city.

To get good reception with the simulcast, I want the city to only use the sites with the city control channel and the county TGs to only use the county control channel. When they are all lumped together as one system, half the time you get distorted audio when you are receiving the city TGs using the county control channel and vice versa. Therefore you want to keep the city and the county segregated.

In order to do this, you have to make copies of the original import, then delete a site and the associated TGs. With Win500, in the past you just imported the city and the country separately and the software kept them segregated. You do not have these user friendly options in this cumbersome EZ Scan software.

Status
Not open for further replies.