• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

TRX and Capacity Max systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, a new system has poped up and it's a Motorola Capacity Max system configured in "Propriety mode" (got confirmation). And that's the problem....

In DMR TIII with Motorola, systems can be configured in "Open mode" (compatible with other manufacturers) or "Propriety mode" (enhanced features not compatible with other manufacturers).

My TRX-1 has a very hard time picking up transmissions. The system has 5 sites so I tried putting them into a trunked system, didn't work. Tried putting all frequencies from the 5 sites into one site, didn't work. Tried to put everything in a scan list on the DMR conventionnal side, didn't work.

The only thing that works is by doing a limit search.

I know Whistler (and Uniden) only scans the programmed frequencies and doesn't decode the control channel like P25 or EDACS. I monitored successfully TIII systems that were "Open mode".

So, am I missing something? Do anybody have feedback on TIII systems in "Propriety mode"?

The only thing I can see on the Motorola webpage is that it is interoperable with standard systems and it is only the enhanced features that are not compliant, like over the air programming that has nothing to do with the DMR standards of channel assignment and talkgroup handling. It should work as a standard TierIII system.

The TRX only scans channels in a trunked DMR system to try and find a choosen talkgroup and follow a conversation. You can put all frequencies into one site, it just takes a little longer to scan all channels and you might loose the first couple of seconds of the conversation. Set a long dwell time, 10 sec, to keep it from scanning to other systems.

If that works ok, and it should as your search mode comment proves, you go into detective mode and try to sort out which frequencies belongs to the same site to speed up the TG scanning.

/Ubbe

I know all the frequencies for each site and I even tried wildcarding everything and it doesn't work; only limit search picks up traffic.

Also, I tried not putting control channels in the scan, no difference.

I'm pretty sure it's something with the "Propriety/Enhanced mode"; in DSD+, the syscode is non-standard. (
01.0000001.00001 for site 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.