TRX Question DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

goaheadover

Banned
I just got a TRX 1 radio how do I program a convention DMR frequency? The directions don't seem to work for me. :( Just a quick simple run down of how I do it thanks so much.

Melv7956

Did you do the upgrade first? DMR capability was added via a free update...Mike

Trx-1 does dmr straight out the box no update required. If it's a conventional dmr ch then the sequence is menu/program menu/add comventional frequency/ type in the frequency. Scroll down to Dmr and tick it and job done. You could also add colour code and slot but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If doing in ez then add conventional ch and select dmr from drop down menu, voila!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goaheadover

Banned
Trx-1 does dmr straight out the box no update required. If it's a conventional dmr ch then the sequence is menu/program menu/add comventional frequency/ type in the frequency. Scroll down to Dmr and tick it and job done. You could also add colour code and slot but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If doing in ez then add conventional ch and select dmr from drop down menu, voila!

I appreciate your reply unfortunately this did not help there is no DMR check box under conventional programming. i've tried programming a frequency as FM mode and seeing if it would decode on it's own no luck just get digital buzzing I am thinking of returning this radio it's much more complicated and less user friendly than their previous products

TAbirdman

I appreciate your reply unfortunately this did not help there is no DMR check box under conventional programming. i've tried programming a frequency as FM mode and seeing if it would decode on it's own no luck just get digital buzzing I am thinking of returning this radio it's much more complicated and less user friendly than their previous products

So what options do you see after entering in the frequency? AS you go down the list its Sq Search, Sq Code, Sq Exclude,, then DMR, then Radio ID. Did you go down far enough?

Just to check, below the LCD display what is printed there; "EZScan Digital" or "Turbo Receive"? If its EZscan then its NOT a TRX-1

Melv7956

Ok if you've added it as a conventional fm ch hold on the ch press menu and scroll down to dmr and select it, save your changes and it will have worked trust me.

TAbirdman

Might check for a firmware update

Melv7956

Ok I'm going to walk you through this. You have created a conventional fm channel right? Ok browse to that channel or object or whatever whistler wants to call it. In scan mode hit the left cursor button this will now take you into browse mode, you should see 'Browser' at top of screen. Scroll across using left or right button of the cursor to get to the system where your channel is stored then press the up or down arrow until you find the channel in question then press select. Now press menu you will be in edit Conv mode, scroll down to where it shows 'DMR' next to that will be a square. Select that by pressing SEL button and the box should have a tick in it. Scroll back up to where it says save changes, press SEL key and as we say here in the UK jobs a good un!

goaheadover

Banned
Ok I'm going to walk you through this. You have created a conventional fm channel right? Ok browse to that channel or object or whatever whistler wants to call it. In scan mode hit the left cursor button this will now take you into browse mode, you should see 'Browser' at top of screen. Scroll across using left or right button of the cursor to get to the system where your channel is stored then press the up or down arrow until you find the channel in question then press select. Now press menu you will be in edit Conv mode, scroll down to where it shows 'DMR' next to that will be a square. Select that by pressing SEL button and the box should have a tick in it. Scroll back up to where it says save changes, press SEL key and as we say here in the UK jobs a good un!

That's great it worked thanks so much for your help!

milcom_chaser

You can also do this in EZ Scan software, but make sure you update it, otherwise there won't be a DMR choice in the Mode Column...

Status
Not open for further replies.