trying to get started with RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornbread33

I broadcasted for a while on incident broadcast through team speak and they did away with the service
now i have applied to boadcast here and have heard nothing back from RR i gave them a detailed list of what i could broadcast now not sure what the problem is , any suggestions ? this will be a feed for fayette county alabama but i will also include the marion county sheriff repeater and fire because part of one of their citys overlap into my county and our dispatch pages them for calls in the northern part of our county , here is a list of what i sent them ,
West Alabama Scanner Frequency's

154.800 Fayette county Sheriff's dept. (Berry pd,Fayette pd and Fayette county SO.)

154.755 Fayette city fire dept.

159.135 Fayette county 911

155.400 Fayette county hospital and Fayette county EMS

154.540 Blacks wrecker service

155.010 Alabama state net

453.200 East and West Fayette county volunteer fire departments

155.445 State Trooper Cars

158.790 State Trooper Base

152.410 Air Evac Helicopter (152.415)

156.210 Marion County Sheriff Department

155.970 Lamar SO

mciupa

Nobody's got a feed up in Fayette County, so they would need yours on the site here.

Maybe the Administrator hasn't had time to process any new applicants, hang in there!

cornbread33

ok i think i have it up and running had some problems using the mic port on my pc so i changed it to the line in port , im going to have a buddy check as see if he can hear my squelch to make sure it is broadcasting properly bare with me please for a little bit

cornbread33

can someone explain to me exactly how this player works , is it recorded ? or perhaps are there a delay in the broadcast from when i actually hear it on my scanner and when it comes across RR

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Delay

can someone explain to me exactly how this player works , is it recorded ? or perhaps are there a delay in the broadcast from when i actually hear it on my scanner and when it comes across RR

There is a noticable DELAY from what comes across your scanner to what comes through RR. IF you try to listen to BOTH it will drive you nuts. And if you try to watch the scanner and see if it is broadcasting on RR it won't work out that way. I can hear traffic on my scanner and the scanner goes on to something else when the original traffic comes over RR.

cornbread33

thanks for the reply , i have figured out that for me there is about a 40 second delay , was having some loop problems I think i have it figured out , later this afternoon im planning on getting a lap top to use for a dedicated feed provider it might be scratchy for a cpl days but i have a new external antenna ordered and i hope it will be ok , i failed to mention that im broadcasting with a uniden bearcat BCT7

Confuzzled

From this page: Broadcasting Feeds - The RadioReference Wiki

Use proper spelling etiquette and sentence structure

Nothing would look more embarrassing then having a feed with incorrect grammar.

PLEASE follow these guidelines when submitting a feed application or replying to Audio Admins:

* Pay attention to your Spelling, Punctuation, and Capitalization. Please use proper sentence structure in all correspondence.

* Use proper sentence structure and do not submit feed requests in either all upper or lower case.

* If we send you an e-mail asking you for more feed information, use the "Reply" feature. Please do not send the requested information in a separate e-mail.

That may possibly give you a hint about any delays in their reply to you.

cornbread33

Well Sir , I am just a "good ole boy" from Alabama , I'm not a Harvard Graduate , I also do not know how to properly spell and use correct punctuation , I simply do the best that i can and I hope this is sufficient for you all. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.