• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Trying to make a command post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi I am trying to make a command post for weather and Speacial events that i do. I manly do event Scurity and event traffic control and stuff like that and I was wondering what kind of radios i need and how to biuld a stand for my radios

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
If you have to ask here, you don't need to build a command post. Anyone who has any such need will be "in the loop" with local authorities who will provide the information you need with regard to needed equipment.

Please do not act on any desire you may have to be a "wannabe", with a microphone in one hand and a flashing red or blue light on your dashboard.

Sorry if this comes across as kind of harsh or at least rude but I'm telling the truth as I see it. Don't be one of THOSE people.

The fact is that if you're not already connected with local authorities and they WANT you to have some sort of "command post", then you won't HAVE a command post no matter what you make. Because you'll have nothing to command and no authority to command it.

N8IAA

If you have to ask here, you don't need to build a command post. Anyone who has any such need will be "in the loop" with local authorities who will provide the information you need with regard to needed equipment.

Please do not act on any desire you may have to be a "wannabe", with a microphone in one hand and a flashing red or blue light on your dashboard.

Sorry if this comes across as kind of harsh or at least rude but I'm telling the truth as I see it. Don't be one of THOSE people.

The fact is that if you're not already connected with local authorities and they WANT you to have some sort of "command post", then you won't HAVE a command post no matter what you make. Because you'll have nothing to command and no authority to command it.

EJ, he is a young man who has autism. He wants to set up his 'command post' on a desk in his bedroom. So I don't think that he'll have any flashing red and blue lights in his room. I truly believe that he wants to get his ham license, but nobody near him that is a ham wants to help him one on one. He hasn't even been on since Aug. 30th. Try to cut him a break and actually try to help.
Not trying to flame, but take time to read all of his posts.
Larry

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's not asinine. Being special needs doesn't mean everyone should automatically be eager to accommodate a request that is questionable absent the special needs context.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The OP hasn't logged into the forums for almost a month.

I think we are done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.