ProScan: Trying to Switch Proscan to SDS200 - Crash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Hi,

I have 14.8 installed. It is currently configured for use with a BCD325P2. I'm trying to get it running with my SDS200 which is networked and on the same LAN. However, when I switch scanner type to the SDS200 the menu bar (Favorites Editor, Options....etc....) is grayed out and none of the functions of the software work; instead I'm greeted with that dandy Windows "screw you I'm not gonna work" ding...

My only solution at that point is to use End Task in the Windows Task Manager to close ProScan. If the solution is listed here at RR I'm not searching the forums correctly. Before I deactivate/uninstall/reinstall I figured I'd ask what I'm missing.

Thanks!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Are any SOIP or WEBSERVER's running in PROSCAN from the 325P2?
Not Sure I have 1 785D, 6 996p2's, 5 536's, 1 436, 4 15's, 1 sds100, 1 sds200, all on the same PC no crash. I would do the uninstall reboot clean reinstall

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Turn OFF all servers and start from the beginning. If you can't select the IP address something is running.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I had a spare license available from my second purchase and ran it on another PC. Works fine. So I'll uninstall/reinstall. The version that was in question on the other PC had no servers running at all, so "something" glitched along the way. I've never had an issue with switching between models until this. Thanks for the input; it'll be resolved.

Jeff302

N3GJB
Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue with my SDS-200. It works fine on a laptop with a USB cable to view the virtual screen and it was working for a time on my desktop as well. I installed 14.8 on my desktop PC and ProScan locks right up. The program does not appear to fully load and I have to close it out in Task Manager as well. I have uninstalled 14.8 and tried loading 14.6 and 14.7 with no success.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have the same issue with my SDS-200. It works fine on a laptop with a USB cable to view the virtual screen and it was working for a time on my desktop as well. I installed 14.8 on my desktop PC and ProScan locks right up. The program does not appear to fully load and I have to close it out in Task Manager as well. I have uninstalled 14.8 and tried loading 14.6 and 14.7 with no success.
It's fixed. Already sent test files to those that emailed me the bug.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

You could email me so I can send you the file to verify the fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.