Tucson Fire Department University 1 unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Does anyone have information on TFD's "University 1" unit?

Yep. This. It's not really a TFD unit, obviously. But comes up on TFD's radio channels.

Also, on TFD's incident feed on the PulsePoint smartphone app, you'll see them as unit "UAEMS1". So they have their own CAD designator at TFD, although they aren't actually voice-dispatched by TFD.

And, I have received reports that what sounds like UA EMS operations can sometimes be heard on talkgroup 20103 on PCWIN, but I haven't yet been able to verify it so I haven't posted it on the PCWIN page on RR. It seems like there is a lot of talkgroups on PCWIN that haven't been identified on RR yet.

(Total aside, if you don't have the PulsePoint app, you need it. It can alert you on your smartphone the second a structure fire is dispatched and it's time to turn on your scanner, for example. Incidents for TFD, South Tucson Fire, Picture Rocks, Three Points, Avra Valley, Mountain Vista and Golder Ranch are on a feed called "Greater Tucson," and incidents for Rural/Metro are on a feed called "Tucson Rural/Metro." Note that the agencies dispatched by Drexel Heights aren't on PulsePoint, and that the Greater Tucson and Tucson Rural/Metro feeds omit routine medical calls).

Dan

DanRollman

Database Admin
Yep. This. It's not really a TFD unit, obviously. But comes up on TFD's radio channels.

And, I have received reports that what sounds like UA EMS operations can sometimes be heard on talkgroup 20103 on PCWIN, but I haven't yet been able to verify it so I haven't posted it on the PCWIN page on RR. It seems like there is a lot of talkgroups on PCWIN that haven't been identified on RR yet.

Well, they say this on their History page on their website: "The following semester, under Chief Matt Darrow, UEMS established Pima County Wireless Integrated Network (PCWIN) city and county dispatch systems into the UEMS organization communications model." So, I guess so.

I also know they sometimes run calls marginally off University property. Their rescue Suburban can be found at auto accidents at Speedway and Campbell, for example.

kd7eir

Thank you for that information.

I have heard them voice dispatched by TFD on several occasions along with regular TFD units, that is how I came to wonder what they were.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Thank you for that information.

I have heard them voice dispatched by TFD on several occasions along with regular TFD units, that is how I came to wonder what they were.

Oh that's interesting. I did not know they were voice dispatched by TFD. I wonder whether and how that talkgroup I posted gets used.

Status
Not open for further replies.