Tulsa TPD and TFD have gone silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelbake

Premium Subscriber
Apparently COT comms have gone P25. Does anyone have any details yet? Phase 1 or 2? Encrypted or not?

peterjmag

Kelly you need to check your control channels. The Tulsa site is on control channel 856.1125 today.

Tulsa Site Control Channels

Everything is normal. It looks like you are missing one of the control channels. Happy Scanning...

Last edited:

kelbake

Premium Subscriber
I have two BC780xlt's, two BCT-15's, a 785, and a handheld, all of which ceased to pick up TPD and TFD in the past 24 hours. They have worked flawlessly for years. Tuesday off and on and Wednesday during the day, there were periods my various radios did not receive. Then Wednesday evening they quit receiving for good. All my other programmed trunking systems still receive fine. A police officer friend of mine says his HP-1 ceased receiving as well. Although my scanners are analog, the HP-1 is digital ready. (Although the pre-loaded database in his HP-1 may not have the proper setting for Tulsa's P25 if they just migrated to it). Something has to have changed????

kelbake

Premium Subscriber
Problem Found
I had not changed my frequencies since rebanding. There were MANY frequency changes obviously. But oddly enough 3 of the 4 control channels happened to be correctly programmed, so I was receiving most of the chatter. (I say most, since if the trunk system chose a rebanded freq I did not have programmed, I didn't hear it) Earlier this week when COT went to the 4th control channel, my reception ceased. I programmed in the rebanded freq's and viola, it works.
The only bad news is that my old 780's are not compatible with the rebanding. Nor is my old handheld. (But I guess that's just a good excuse to buy more equipment)

Thanks for the replies guys. It got me to thinking and put me on the right track.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
RE BC780XLTs

Too bad about the BC780XLT, I have two, they were top of the line when they came out. They will be totally obsolete in another year or two.

I have two BC780xlt's, two BCT-15's, a 785, and a handheld, all of which ceased to pick up TPD and TFD in the past 24 hours. They have worked flawlessly for years. Tuesday off and on and Wednesday during the day, there were periods my various radios did not receive. Then Wednesday evening they quit receiving for good. All my other programmed trunking systems still receive fine. A police officer friend of mine says his HP-1 ceased receiving as well. Although my scanners are analog, the HP-1 is digital ready. (Although the pre-loaded database in his HP-1 may not have the proper setting for Tulsa's P25 if they just migrated to it). Something has to have changed????

Last edited:

peterjmag

Kelly and Dave,
The Tulsa site has been re-banded however it is still monitorable by older trunk trackers. The scanners you both mentioned will work just fine. If later down road the techs decide to add a frequency that ends in 00 for example 852.50000 then you will be need to enter a new band plan and the old scanners will not work. Tulsa as of right now does not have any rebanded frequencies that are like that. They are all 9375..7375 etc. If your scanner has control channel only modes use them and all 4 control channels like mentioned in my above post. The only thing we have to worry about now is when they decide to make the site all P25 instead of a mix like it is today and who knows when that will happen so enjoy like you always have.

kelbake

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Pete. I will check into the CCO option.
As just a note, every once in a while, my rebanded BCT-15 is hanging up on a frequency. It almost acts like an open mike. It has done it on several different talk groups and on different frequencies. You can press scan and it resumes list scanning ok. I have tried CCO, changing the status bit, changing end code, to no avail. ???

peterjmag

I don't know the official protocol but there are many back ups in place. Here is a list I can come up with.

1.Radios affiliate with a neighboring site
2.MDTS
3.Talk Around or also known as simplex or radio to radio 854.9625
4.The National Mutual Aid Channels 851.0125,851.5125,852.0125,852.5125,853.0125
5."Moto On Wheels" which is a mobile repeater that is stored I think at the main radio shop. It can be wheeled out and turned on at a moments notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.