• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

BT

I've been driving the turnpike regularly from Cleveland to Indiana, and then the toll road to Chicago. Since the IP system is now up and running, what towers would I need to program in to listen to the Highway patrol and turnpike activity the whole way? Are the maintenance forces still using the 150 MHz frequencies or did they move too?

Thanks in advance
BT

Specific to your question the Turnpike Maintenance is very active on the following Talkgroups and Conventional frequencies. Also the Turnpike crosses the following counties so you should program MARCS-IP towers for these counties.

Talkgroup 51900 Oh Trnpk E Maint
Talkgroup 51905 Oh Trnpk W Maint
Conventional 159.165 Ohio Trnpk Maint
Conventional 156.195 Ohio Trnpk Maint

Counties Mahoning
Counties Portage
Counties Summit
Counties Cuyahoga
Counties Lorain
Counties Erie
Counties Sandusky
Counties Ottawa
Counties Wood
Counties Lucas
Counties Fulton
Counties Williams

BT

Thanks so much everyone. I was going to ask the same question for the Indiana toll road on that board so if anyone here knows, feel free to chime in. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.