Turris Comm - GOTRBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I don't mean to be obstinate, but we merged and then re-split Turris West and GoTRBO which were both 202 and had sites that seemed to align with one another. Is there something different about this (former) pair of systems that makes it logical for them to merge?

mbstone99

I don't mean to be obstinate, but we merged and then re-split Turris West and GoTRBO which were both 202 and had sites that seemed to align with one another. Is there something different about this (former) pair of systems that makes it logical for them to merge?

I would say because Turris is part of the PushPlus network which covers most of Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.. even the old Christie & Walther web page goes to a Turris web page. There are a bunch of sites in the Ottawa area that are already listed in the PP system that I am guessing are probably licensed to C&W so it just makes sense since it's all the same to merge them together.

Matt

mciupa

I split the GOTRBO based on this coverage map.

The GOTRBO Network Digital Two Way Radio System Greater Toronto Area Ontario Canada

I then went on to post:

mciupa said:
When there is confirmation of Canada-wide coverage from the providers then we can network the Ontario and Turris Comm system as a whole.

As of yet, I haven't seen proof advertised of Canada-wide coverage. When there is, it can be done.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
The cost of a controller would typically rule out separate systems. Last I heard, the controller was $20k.

Other than possible latency issues, I don't see why sites can't be spread out across the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.