Tuscaloosa Area Police Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSL126

Hey guys, I've set up my police scanner once again. The address to it is http://68.62.126.174:8000/listen.pls. I'm working on a website to go along with it. I'm using my toshiba laptop, a uniden reciever, and a scantenna mounted 40ft in the air. Right now the scanner monitors the following:

Tuscaloosa PD (1, 2, 3, & 4)
Tuscaloosa SO (1 & 2)
Tuscaloosa FD (1, 2, & 3)
Tuscaloosa VFD (Dispatch Only)
Northstar Paramedics

Also note that the scanner does recieve Birmingham fire dispatch at night (it's the simulcast off of the trunked system on 154.190).

Enjoy!

smithw14

Thats cool - how do you set that up? Does it cost anything to broadcast? I should broadcast Birmingham on the web, I'm sure i'd get some listeners.

-William

RevGary

Pastor and Chaplain Responder
Keep getting a 404 rerror - "Can not locate server"...

CSL126

It went offline sometime last night, it's back online right now. I'll try to keep it up as much as possible. I'm about to leave for work right now, but when I get home i'm going to start writing a tutorial to put on my website www.teamka.org/tuscaloosa. This feed has had close to 15 listeners constantly. If you do start hosting one, i'll add a link to it on my website and try to get you some extra listeners.

CSL126

I'm using RG-6 coax from the scanner to the antenna right now. Would buying a cable like LMR-400 work in the 450 - 460 MHz range? I know it works in the 800 MHz range well. Would I be able to notice a difference between RG6 and LMR-400?

CSL126

Ok everyone, the scanner is back up at the same address. I'm only using the stock antenna at this time until I can get some longer coaxial cable. The address once again is (68.62.126.174/listen.pls) there is also a link to it at my website (http://swa.teamka.org).

Status
Not open for further replies.