Tuscarawas County MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mszabo2000

No updates on Tusc. Each region reported out, there were discussions on strategic roaming, link layer authentication, and a presentation by Motorola on cyber-security.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
No updates on Tusc. Each region reported out, there were discussions on strategic roaming, link layer authentication, and a presentation by Motorola on cyber-security.

Well no news is not good but one day we will be trying to figure out talk groups.

I hope that the CC are not 800 and are on the 700 band
My 700 band yagi does not do good on 800

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Update,

Gilmore tower has to be replaced and I am not sure if they have started to construct the tower yet.

CC and voice channels will all be 800s

Last edited by a moderator:

jfgray

So I know that Tuscarawas County is moving to MARCS but the deployment is delayed due to tower trouble. But the system is supposedly already up and running for some agencies and part of the county. I just haven't seen any of the talk-group codes. Does anybody know what they might be or how to find them?

northernsummit

Feed Provider
You could put a radio or an RTL-SDR dongle on the control channel of the site(s) that you can hear and watch all traffic and start to try to identify talk groups as they appear. For a uniden radio they call it ID Search, on the Whistlers its Wildcard.

If you put Unitrunker on a windows machine with a $20 RTL-SDR dongle you could log every talk-group or radio ID that shows up on the system for weeks. I do something similar for Summit County and plot it on a website: http://northernsummit.org/SummitP25/SumMARCS.php

If you start doing this and start figuring out who is on what talk group you should submit those conclusions to the RRDB to help others in your county.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
So I know that Tuscarawas County is moving to MARCS but the deployment is delayed due to tower trouble. But the system is supposedly already up and running for some agencies and part of the county. I just haven't seen any of the talk-group codes. Does anybody know what they might be or how to find them?
I have not seen any new peers that indicate the new system is up and running yet. They must be in the testing stages. I was wondering what the control channels are. If we knew that we could start to monitor it and see all the new radio id’s and talk groups.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Went up there today and there is no new C/C for P25 so they have not begun testing by the looks of it

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
For a system that is out of date they ain't in much of a hurry to switch (just my 2 cents)

Status
Not open for further replies.